🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Top Rated Plus
Page options
acanepa
Community Member

Top Rated Plus

Hi,

I have a few questions about the Top Rated Plus program.

My main focus is on Data contracts, so a large contract is 10,000 dollars.

1. If I reach 10,000 - or more  - dollars from multiple contracts, that means I'm not qualified for being Top Rated Plus?
  2. What does it mean Reduced fees (starting at 10%) on Featured Jobs? Does that mean that for Non Featured jobs I still need to pay 20% of my earnings?

Source:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360050417233-Top-Rated-Plus

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
df602768
Community Member

Hi Angelo,

I am going to reply to your questions:

1. No. You are still qualified. You have to have over $10,000 in a 12-month-period.
2. Yes. For Non-Featured Jobs, you need to share 20% of your earnings of a $500-or-less contract with Upwork.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
df602768
Community Member

Hi Angelo,

I am going to reply to your questions:

1. No. You are still qualified. You have to have over $10,000 in a 12-month-period.
2. Yes. For Non-Featured Jobs, you need to share 20% of your earnings of a $500-or-less contract with Upwork.

acanepa
Community Member

Thanks for that.

What about for contract greater than $500 dollars? 

What's the rate?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Angelo,

When you earn more than $500 with one client your fee will be reduced to 10%. To learn more about our freelancer service fee, check out this Guide. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Angelo C wrote:
  1. If I reach 10,000 - or more  - dollars from multiple contracts, that means I'm not qualified for being Top Rated Plus?
  2. What does it mean Reduced fees (starting at 10%) on Featured Jobs? Does that mean that for Non Featured jobs I still need to pay 20% of my earnings?

1. No, you are not. It has to be from ONE contract.

2. On the first $500, yes, of course

Basically, nothing changes from when you're top rated.

Konstantinos A wrote:

1.You are still qualified. You have to have over $10,000 in a 12-month-period.

He absolutely is NOT. He needs ONE contract that is in excess of $10k. 

I have made 10,000$ which is a large contract in my feild.

I made this in 3 contracts which is from the same client and "exact same job post".

Now upwork support is saying that I am not qualified for a large contract, which I think it's wrong.

The purpose of Top-rated plus is to make sure that the freelancer can " delight clients on large contracts". I am working with this client for 4 months and I made 10,000$ for the exact same job post. He just opened the same job post 3 times, and offered it to me, which means he is delighted and I can handle large contracts.

What should I do in this case?

Gurgen B wrote:

Now upwork support is saying that I am not qualified for a large contract, which I think it's wrong.

This is correct. 3 contracts are 3 contracts. For top rated plus, it has to be one single contract.

Gurgen B wrote:

There is absolutely nothing you can do, except for leaving the contract open in future.

Next time the client wants to create another contract, silently scream WHY to yourself, because there is no reason why that would be necessary, and then tell him: Tim, thank you for your offer, but if it's all the same to you, I'd prefer to keep working on our open contract. I think it's easier for you when you don't have to create another job. When we are done with this task, we can just keep it open until you have more work for me. 

Gurgen B wrote:

I have made 10,000$ which is a large contract in my feild.

I made this in 3 contracts which is from the same client and "exact same job post".

The purpose of Top-rated plus is to make sure that the freelancer can " delight clients on large contracts". I am working with this client for 4 months and I made 10,000$ for the exact same job post. He just opened the same job post 3 times, and offered it to me, which means he is delighted and I can handle large contracts.

3 =/= 1

Upwork cannot allow every freelancer to create their own definition of what qualifies for TR+. 

Be happy that your client was delighted and find other clients to delight. TR+ doesn't really offer that much benefit anyway. Only a limited number of prospective clients see the TR+ badge, everyone else just sees that  your are TR.  

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members