cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Rated Popup

conorcorderoy
Conor C Member Since: May 19, 2017
1 of 7

Hi, I recently got top rated status, which was great, but ever since then, every time I sign in to Upwork, I get a pop up that covers the screen, informing me that I am now top rated. I have clicked everything on it but it still keeps coming back. Has anybody else had this problem? Any idea how to get rid of it?

Thanks!

mtngigi
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
2 of 7

When I reached over $500 with one client, meaning the next job would mean lower fees for me, I got a popup that lasted for what seemed like an eternity, then it finally went away ,,, after about a month.

I don't know why Upwork insists on being annoying with their praise, but they do.

conorcorderoy
3 of 7

Hahaha! OK, thanks Virginia. I'll be patient and see if it goes away. 😉

mtngigi
Community Guru
4 of 7

@Conor C wrote:

Hahaha! OK, thanks Virginia. I'll be patient and see if it goes away. 😉

You're welcome. I was going to complain about my pop up too, but I never did and then it finally went away. Maybe a mod will come along to explain why they last for so long.  Smiley Tongue

garnorm
Community Guru
Garnor M Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
5 of 7

Hi Conor,

Congrats on becoming Top Rated. That pop up should only show once, but if you're clearing cookies or using another computer, it will reappear. Do you happen to be clearing cookies?

mtngigi
Community Guru
6 of 7

@Garnor M wrote:

Hi Conor,

Congrats on becoming Top Rated. That pop up should only show once, but if you're clearing cookies or using another computer, it will reappear. Do you happen to be clearing cookies?

Ah ... that explains it.

conorcorderoy
7 of 7

Hi Garnor,

Thank you! No, I am not deleting cookies (I am not sure I would know how! 🙂 ). But if it's something that is going to go away on its own, I am happy to ignore it. It's not a problem, it's just vaguely annoying.

Thanks,

Conor

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS