Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Rated Status removed before I could apply for

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Stephen D Member Since: Aug 25, 2015
1 of 3

Again, too nice for this world. I provided the client the chance to remove or change his slanderous feedback until tonight. While I was writing to Upwork to remove a feedback as a Top Rated Freelancer, I receive an email from Upwork that my Top Rated status has been removed. Are you kidding me? What now?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
2 of 3

I've never used the top rated perk, but my understanding is that if you lose your top rated status because of the rating in question, you can still request removal within the two-week window.

Seems a bit disingenous, though, to pretend you were being "nice" by first asking the client to change the feedback. That wouldn't have benefitted anyone but you.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 3

@Stephen D wrote:

Again, too nice for this world. I provided the client the chance to remove or change his slanderous feedback until tonight. While I was writing to Upwork to remove a feedback as a Top Rated Freelancer, I receive an email from Upwork that my Top Rated status has been removed. Are you kidding me? What now?

Take a deep breath.

If you were top rated until yesterday you can use your perk to remove the contract and (if needed) the feedback from your JSS calculation.

Read up about it here.

The client changing feedback would not improve your JSS anyway.

Again: Where in Germany is there a place called Coral Springs?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS