🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Top Rated - Under Paid
Page options
honl88
Community Member

Top Rated - Under Paid

I've been on Upwork for a few years and have built a strong reputation. I see some people talking about how they can charge $80 an hour and still get loads of clients. My question is: how?! 

I'm a content marketer and it's a constant struggle to find clients that will pay more than 0.06c a word. I filter jobs and see clients asking for experts but offering 0.03c a word and it's really frustrating. 

I worked so hard to get to Top-Rated status but there doesn't seem to be any real benefit. Does anyone have advice about finding high paying clients? 

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Hannah O wrote:

I've been on Upwork for a few years and have built a strong reputation. I see some people talking about how they can charge $80 an hour and still get loads of clients. My question is: how?! 

By being subject matter experts and nailing down a niche, having a profile that sells them that way and applying for the right contracts.

You do kind of the opposite and try to be a Jack--of-all-trades, which means you compete with a hell of a lot of low cost providers.

I also don't think it helps to be a writer/VA - especially when all you have on your VA specialized profile is writing work.... I'd lose the VA profile or set it up as a second specialized profile. Make your specialized profile your main one.

You need to swiftly remove the reference of your website unless you want to get an account hold on your record or worse...

I would rethink some of the images you use as portfolio items and avoid using the same "client" for various portfolio pieces without actually adding any work. The visuals don't add to your profile and without anything to actually READ they may do more harm than good.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members