🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Top Rated but only 3 invitations in a month
Page options
7f070b0b
Community Member

Top Rated but only 3 invitations in a month

Hi,
I got Top Rated badge from Upwork a month ago. In the meantime, I received only 3 invitations and It was early on the first week after I received my badge. It's been again around a month and I received no further invitations.

Would like to have some help/suggestions from the community about this issue. Thanks.
14 REPLIES 14
meoelen
Community Member

this is because When you got the top you were at the very bottom of the top list

Elena M wrote:

this is because When you got the top you were at the very bottom of the top list

Well said.

7f070b0b
Community Member

Is there any way or something that I could have some more invitations or so? Having no invitations for a long time is kind of a weird feelings maybe.

7f070b0b
Community Member

I see. Kind of makes sense. Thanks anyway.

shahabmirza424
Community Member

Hi Upwork Community!

I hope everyone will be in good health. I just wanted to know, why I'm not getting any work after becoming Top rated plus freelancer. I'm submitting proposals but have still been unable to get any response since last month. I'm also desperately looking to enter in private talent clouds to get chances for winning the jobs easily.

Can someone help me out with how I can get new projects easily by reaching out to professional clients although I'm a top-rated plus freelancer?

Looking forward to your great opinion in this regard.

Shahab

May be, as some one (Elena) in the forums said:

"When you got the top you were at the very bottom of the top list"

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Top-Rated-but-only-3-invitations-in-a-month/m-p/951464#M...

2a05aa63
Community Member

Everyone is on vacantion.

Viacheslav K wrote:

Everyone is on vacantion.

This is sooooooo true!! 

tta192
Community Member

Why would you care about invitations at all? you can browse through the entire list of jobs available on the platform and send proposals to whatever you find interesting and a good fit. It's much easier for you to find the best project than it is for the project to find you.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Fahim N wrote:
Hi,
I got Top Rated badge from Upwork a month ago. In the meantime, I received only 3 invitations and It was early on the first week after I received my badge. It's been again around a month and I received no further invitations.

Would like to have some help/suggestions from the community about this issue. Thanks.

This isn't an issue. The only issue might be your expectation that being top rated leads to lots of invitations. I don't believe that's true at all. 

Yeah maybe you're right and I'm kinda feeling the same way now that maybe It's my expectation. Thanks anyway, It was helpful.

paul2461981
Community Member

3 In a week or month, if that is true, you are lucky. Am lucky to get one a month. 

3 in the very first week I became top rated. Then no invitations in a month after that.

lysis10
Community Member

Sir, I was told a badge would put me on cruise control to riches. Did I waste my time bragging on reddit that I'm top rated? 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members