cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Rated developer with no work!

Ace Contributor
Ajay S Member Since: Sep 9, 2018
11 of 18
Appreciative answer. Hope upwork shall consider it soon.
Ace Contributor
Aliyu M Member Since: Apr 16, 2019
12 of 18

Exactly , Am also Same thing is happening to me. After following all due Processes , And you know you are THe good fit for the job but getting hired is an issue 

Ace Contributor
13 of 18

Yes you are 100% correct.

Reason 1 : many freelancers - competation - Ready to work for minimum charges.

Reason 2: It's CRM time. all switching towards CRM based apps.  even microsoft reuined lifes of programmers with MVC - world is still confused with versions.

Better to switch towards marketings and advertising.  AS I DID. Ha Ha.

Community Guru
Will L Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
14 of 18

I've seen a slowdown in new projects in my specialty - corporate finance and planning - over the past few weeks, but I'm hoping it's just the usual ebb and flow of client activity on Upwork.

Ace Contributor
Yazid M Member Since: Jan 8, 2019
15 of 18

For my sector, writer/translator, the problem is not only the hard competition among freelancers, which is normal on a global platform, but above all, it comes from the huge number of clients who don't want to dig deeper into their pockets. I'd be glad to use some connects (and even pay for it Man Very Happy ) if the job ads were really interesting and not just the usual "yeah, I'm on a budget here but this is a long term opportunity, mate"

I even flagged a translation gig this morning where the client put a 5$ budget but wrote in the description: it will be paid actually 4$.

Ace Contributor
16 of 18
This case you should not encourage by bidding. flag and use others
section. this is bad and discrimination professionals.
Ace Contributor
Yazid M Member Since: Jan 8, 2019
17 of 18

Ajay S wrote:
This case you should not encourage by bidding. flag and use others
section. this is bad and discrimination professionals.

I didn't bid on it, I've flagged it as inappropriate and UW has deleted the offer less than 30 minutes after. Plus I would't have bidded on it for 5$ too... But others freelancers would have and therefore, these clients will always have their jobs done with the cheapeast rate. That s*** but once again, we are on a global platform.

Ace Contributor
18 of 18
True. upwork should consider minimum bid values to be fixed based on work.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS