cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Rated freelancer but finding Difficult to get hired.

Highlighted
Rayan D Member Since: Jun 28, 2015
1 of 3

Hello,

Guys I joined oDesk(Upwork) two years ago.

Since I was a newbie I did not find any projects and I had to work for 10 cents/Hour.

Then I gradualy increased my rate to 50 cents and then kept increasing till I reached 3$/hour.

I was hired by 80 clients till date some small and some long term jobs, and right now am finding it very difficult to get hired since there is change in policy from upwork which is good for some reasons.

Could someone help me out to get hired?

Looking forward for help.

Thanks

Rayan

Highlighted
Community Guru
MERCY N Member Since: May 6, 2015
2 of 3

For one, Rayan, I can say for sure that your rate of $3/hr is not the reason you are not getting hired. Some of us did not begin with rates as low as yours and we are not native speakers of English and yet we secured jobs even as newbies.

It may just be some bad/dry spell that you are going to get past. If you remain consistent with your applications, something is going to come up. With your experience, I'd suggest you don't go any lower with your rates.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Abdul R Member Since: Dec 4, 2014
3 of 3

Rate does not matter when a client picks you from your cover letter or profile. So keep your rate a little bit higher. Good clients does not consider rate rather than they prefer quality. 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS