🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Top Rated or Top Rated Plus members have cont...
Page options
aafiyat-nazar
Community Member

Top Rated or Top Rated Plus members have control over your Job Success others have not

I just want to learn why Top Rated or Top Rated Plus freelancer have the benefit of more control over their Job Success Score and other new members who need more support have not? Please guide me on the issue. As a new freelancers I admire upwork's support for the two catagories. At the same time I feel other new freelancer who have just stepped in freelancing also need support and encouragement from Upwork to have some control over the JSS. Thank you. .

5 REPLIES 5
moonraker
Community Member

Top rated and top-rated + freelancers have earned their perks. It's obviously in the interest of Upwork, clients, and freelancers themselves if freelancers aim to deliver quality so they are encouraged to do so and rewarded. (Personally, I've only ever had to use my perk once)

As for being a new freelancer - every single freelancer on Upwork started from new. If you want the benefits of being top-rated? You need to work to earn it - which is kinda the point! 

Thank you very much for your response you have valid point. However, my only quesition is if they have "MORE control", then can others be given "SOME control" under specific terms and condition? 

Aafiyat N wrote: However, my only quesition is if they have "MORE control", then can others be given "SOME control" under specific terms and condition? 

Even top rated freelancers only have "some" control. It is very limited. 

Your "control" is to be very careful who you work with and to do a 101% job every time.

kinector
Community Member

Aafiyat, I see the point you're making.

But perhaps the expectations are misaligned here a little.

Upwork is not a place you join and then become a freelancer. Most people joining Upwork never see a single dollar of earnings mainly because this place puts your starting businesses in a direct competition with all the others, globally.

This is a tough place to start running a business from scratch.

On the other hand, those freelancers who are already good at freelancing join and got something pretty decent going on within months. They know how to position themselves in a way they can avoid the toughest competition, they communicate well, their profiles are polished and value propositions super well targeted to some niche sector, they are great at promising realistic results and can explain the impact in advance, etc.

When you have those core freelancing skills, it is not that hard to get projects over here early on.

If not, it can't take months to get anywhere regardless of the effort when most feedback you will get is just silence. It's a very long way to success. Many give up before it gets good because the starting point in freelancing skills is too far from those who are already here.

Thanks for your elobaration

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members