🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Top Rated removed and profile states JSS not ...
Page options
connor_heath
Community Member

Top Rated removed and profile states JSS not yet available?? What's going on?

I am so confused I haver had my account for years with 100% JSS and Top Rated within the last year and out of the blue I have no JSS on my profile and now you have removed my top rated just as I was starting to make some good business on Upwork, can someome look into my account and let me know what is going on it doesn't make sense at all?

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
lysis10
Community Member

The Jan 2018 job just fell out of your 2 year window. You now only have 3 jobs, so you might need 1 -2 more job to get a JSS.

Ahhh I see what you mean maybe that is it **bleep** didn't realise, luckily I have a job in progress so that will pull me back to where I need to be with JSS for top rated hopefully

Upwork has not revealed exactly how many contracts one must have within the calculation window to have a JSS.
It can be anything from 3 to 8 contracts.

Kindly be informed, therefore, that your JSS cannot be magically restored by Upwork support.
It will be restored as soon as you complete a few more jobs.
a_lipsey
Community Member

Connor H wrote:

I am so confused I haver had my account for years with 100% JSS and Top Rated within the last year and out of the blue I have no JSS on my profile and now you have removed my top rated just as I was starting to make some good business on Upwork, can someome look into my account and let me know what is going on it doesn't make sense at all?

Thanks

I just got similarly screwed. Upwork wants to prioritize long term projects, but when you are one of the people who does long-term high paying jobs and your contracts are over a year old, then you don't have feedback and so one mistakenly closed, no earnings contract kills your JSS and gets you knocked out of TR status. How can you encourage long term contracts (which one person can only take so many of if they are high  earning and requiring lots of work) and then have a JSS that clearly promotes lots of small contracts? 

@Amanda

You just have to take the occasional quick job for your JSS. Or ask your long term clients to close out your contract and start a new one every 6 months. After 100 milestones they have to start another one automatically as well. 

Find out how long a contract must run, for it to constitute a long-term contract.  Add one day.  On that date: ask your client to end your current contract. Issue ratings. The JSS math will still see a 'long term contract' which is a bene to the JSS Big Math. 

Next: restart another contract. That provides you with the benefit of a repeat client -- the JSS big math rewards this.  Your client is sure to leave glowing reviews as they are obviously happy with you. 

Using this technique, you can phase your contracts probably several times a year.  Yes, it will cost 20% vs 10%, but that is only for the first $500.  Meaning a give of $50 per phasing -- so as to have multiple ratings left from a single client.  

Method summary:  phase your long-term contracts and end/re-establish contracts each time a long term contract time period is hit.  This assumes your client will work with you an ally and respect your rightful business needs to establish phased projects for the reasons noted above.

- Boomer who loves ice cream.

John B wrote:

Using this technique, you can phase your contracts probably several times a year.  Yes, it will cost 20% vs 10%, but that is only for the first $500.  Meaning a give of $50 per phasing -- so as to have multiple ratings left from a single client.  

You can have multiple contracts with the same client and still be eligible for the 10% or 5% rate.

@bizwriterjohn wrote:

Find out how long a contract must run, for it to constitute a long-term contract.  Add one day.  On that date: ask your client to end your current contract. Issue ratings. The JSS math will still see a 'long term contract' which is a bene to the JSS Big Math.

It's not long-term contracts that are rewarded--it's long-term client relationships. Most freelancers who work long-term with a client refrain from repeatedly asking the client to close the contract and open new ones because it is an unnecessary hassle for the client and it is not their job to jump through hoops so we can manage our ratings.

I agree, Tiffany, which is why I dont bother my clients to start new contracts when they are happy to just fund escrow and keep going.

I wasnt commenting to request advice. I can figure out how to address my own JSS, thanks. I was just commenting to give some validation to the OP.

Thanks anyways though.

John B wrote:

Next: restart another contract. That provides you with the benefit of a repeat client -- the JSS big math rewards this.  

No. Ongoing contracts, provided they are active (regular payments), count as one successfully completed contract every 3 months, so closing and restarting contracts is unneccessary.

Repeat and long term clients count the same, so all the above in nonsense.

Also completely wrong, as has been pointed out already.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members