🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Top Rated status on profile is not visibl...
Page options
studiovela
Community Member

I've been Top Rated for a month, why are the weeks not changing

I've gone back to sitting at a 90% Top Rated status for a month now (from 88% before) and the Top Rated weeks went from sitting at 5 weeks last month to 4 weeks all this month. Wouldn't that change at lease one week to start adding up again?

Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi All, 

I am happy to let you know that the specific issue that was causing discrepancies with Top Rated eligible weeks discussed on this thread has been fixed. We will be closing this thread from further replies. 

Thank you for your patience,

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

480 REPLIES 480

Hi Hassan,

To learn more about the criteria needed for becoming a top rated check out our guide Here. Once qualified you will receive a confirmation and the badge will be added on your profile in up to 24 hours. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran. Thank you for your response. i read that Article. I competed all Term and Conditions for TOP RATED.
There is only 1 confusion i have which is after 13 Weeks is it Possible to become a Top Rated Or i have to complete 16 weeks.

Thank you. 

Hi Hassan,

Yes it is possible to become a Top Rated freelancer after 13 weeks, you need to have above 90% JSS at least 13 weeks of the last 16. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,
Thank you for your response. i Have 100% JSS and 13 weeks completed out of 16.
TIll when i got my batch .

Thank you.

Hi Hassan,

Once qualified you will receive a confirmation and the badge will be awarded on your profile, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have completed 16 out of 16 weeks with 100% JSS and still, my profile is not rated as "Top Rated". I tried contacting support but no help from there. The chat options never seem to appear. I have emailed, but no response. Can anyone guide me what should I do in order to make Top Rated badge appear on my profile?

Shubham S wrote:

I have completed 16 out of 16 weeks with 100% JSS and still, my profile is not rated as "Top Rated". I tried contacting support but no help from there. The chat options never seem to appear. I have emailed, but no response. Can anyone guide me what should I do in order to make Top Rated badge appear on my profile?

No need to bother Support.

You are a long way from qualifying for Top rated status. One of the requirements is that you need to have earned in excess of $ 1000 over the previous 12 months, which you have not.

Greetings, 

Naim M wrote:

Greetings, 

This is my profile and my stats. i don't know Why i can't get my badge of top rated ? I have more than 1000 $ earnings. 

Because you also need 13 out of 16 eligible weeks. The earnings are just one of many criteria. You have  7 out of 16 eligible weeks, so you are at least 6 weeks away from becoming eligible.

thank you. i have just noticed this : 

• Maintained Rising Talent status or a Job Success Score of at least 90% for at least 13 of the last 16 weeks. 

thank you for your response

Hello everyone, now as usual the job success scores are changed. I've been in great works lately, and my score up from 79 to 90, but rn i'm not top rated, do you know why? Can someone explain or help?

Musa Tugrul A wrote:

Hello everyone, now as usual the job success scores are changed. I've been in great works lately, and my score up from 79 to 90, but rn i'm not top rated, do you know why? Can someone explain or help?

Having a 90% JSS is only one of the criteria. You need to look at your My Stats page and check the others:

• at least $1000 12-month earnings
  • a 100% complete profile
  • No recent account holds
  • a minimum of 13 out of 16 eligible weeks

Hi Musa,

You earn a Top Rated badge by building an impressive reputation on Upwork. You must have a proven history of success with multiple clients, delight your clients with your work every time, and contribute to a safe and vibrant marketplace by knowing and following the Upwork Terms of Service.

To become Top Rated, you must have the following qualifications.

• A current Job Success Score of 90% or higher
  • First hire on Upwork was more than 90 days ago
  • Maintained Rising Talent status or a Job Success Score of at least 90% for at least 13 of the last 16 weeks
  • 100% complete profile  (90% for those who brought their profiles over from Elance)
  • 12-month earnings of at least $1,000
  • Up-to-date availability (if unavailable now, set a date estimate)
  • An account in good standing with no recent account holds
  • Activity on the platform (proposal, accepted invitation, or earnings) in the past 90 days

You can find more information in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork

My job success score is 90+  from more than 16 weeks but on the "my stats" page it is showing only 10 out of 16 top. It's been the same for the last 6 weeks now. What shall I do now?

Mohammad S wrote:

. It's been the same for the last 6 weeks now. What shall I do now?

You just wait.

You have 6 non-eligible weeks in your 16 week window, and those 6 weeks have to work their way through the 16 week window and fall out of it.

My JSS went down to 85% some time ago but was recovered and now is 96%, even after recovering the JSS my top rated eligible weeks is stuck at 10 of 16.

Thanks.

Hi Ali,

In order for the number of eligible weeks to increase, your non-eligible weeks will need to be "pushed out" of the past 16-weeks. Once this happens, the number of eligible weeks will start increasing, provided you meet the requirements. If an eligible week falls off of the calculation each week, the total number of eligible weeks won't increase. You can find more information here.

~ Nikola
Upwork

When my Top Rated eligible weeks will be 13? or will be updated?

Hi Md,

In order for the number of eligible weeks to increase, your non-eligible weeks will need to be "pushed out" of the past 16-weeks. Once this happens, the number of eligible weeks will start increasing, provided you meet the requirements. If an eligible week falls off of the calculation each week, the total number of eligible weeks won't increase. You can find more information here.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to know that does setting my Upwork profile visibility as 'Private' impact my eligibility for 'Top Rated' status?

Thanks,

Amit Kumar

Amit K wrote:

I wanted to know that does setting my Upwork profile visibility as 'Private' impact my eligibility for 'Top Rated' status?

No, it does not

Hi,

I have a JSS. There were a couple of times when I had a JSS lower than 90%. After a while, my Top rated elegible weeks began reducing. Up to a point when they became 4 of 16. 

I worked hard and gained a 90%+ JSS for the last 3 updates. My Top Rated eligible weeks however has been stuck at 4 ever since.

Should I be worried? or now that I am already worried, is there anything I don't know or anything I can do?

Thank you.

Hi Julius,

Please, note that in order for the eligible weeks to increase, you would have to meet the eligibility requirements each new week while non-eligible weeks fall off the calculation. Please check the "Calculating Top Rated Eligible Weeks" section of this help article for more information.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi,

It's been almost more than 10 days, I've got 16/16 Top Rated eligible weeks status, in My Status.

But still no badge is showing on my profile.

I want to know, how it works and become visible on my profile.

Thanks

Hi Sadia,

You earn a Top Rated badge by building an impressive reputation on Upwork. You must have a proven history of success with multiple clients, delight your clients with your work every time, and contribute to a safe and vibrant marketplace by knowing and following the Upwork Terms of ServiceTo become Top Rated, you must have the following qualifications:

• A current Job Success Score of 90% or higher
  • First hire on Upwork was more than 90 days ago
  • Maintained Rising Talent status or a Job Success Score of at least 90% for at least 13 of the last 16 weeks
  • 100% complete profile  (90% for those who brought their profiles over from Elance)
  • 12-month earnings of at least $1,000
  • Up-to-date availability (if unavailable now, set a date estimate)
  • An account in good standing with no recent account holds
  • Activity on the platform (proposal, accepted invitation, or earnings) in the past 90 days

Once all qualifications are met you will earn Top-Rated status. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thank you very much for your quick and informative response.

I sincerely appreciate it; your response is just what I was searching for, with clear explanations in the form of bullets.

But that raises another question: I feel I've met all of the above requirements, but the badge is still not showing up.

Is this a glitch or am I mistaken about my achievements?

Besides, I do like to ask that, Rising Badge, is it specific for new freelancers only? or it could show & stay with anyone who do flawless hard work ?

Hi Sadia,

I checked and it looks like you still haven't met the required 12-month earnings. Although, keep in mind that if you have any pending funds, which you can check by going to Reports > Overview, those won't count towards your total earnings until they become available. You can also go to Find Work > My Stats to have an idea of where are you standing in terms of the Top Rated badge requirements. 

Regarding your question about the Rising Talent badge, is not specific to new freelancers. However, since you already have a Job Success Score, you're not eligible to get that one. You're pretty close to earning the Top Rated badge though, keep up the good work! 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Luiggi R,

Thank you for your response; it has clarified things for me.

You are correct; despite the fact that I have earned $1000 in earnings on my profile, payment is still pending for a few days, and My Status only shows earnings that have been earned, not those that have been approved.

So, hopefully, in two days, I'll finally fulfill the final requirment for the Top Rated Badge and will receive it.

Thanks again.

Hi Everyone!
My top rated eligible weeks are stucks on 12 Eligible weeks. Can anyone please check?
Please share graph of my eligible weeks and let me know when these top rated eligible weeks will start increasing?
Thanks
Ahmad

It only counts how many eligible weeks during the previous 16 weeks. If during the week 1  to week12 your JSS scores are above 90%, and your JSS scores during week 13-week 16 are below 90%, next week your JSS scores will be the below number:  week1-week11 above 90%, week12-week15 below 90%, week 16 above 90%. Hence, the eligible weeks are still 12 weeks.

Thanks for reply. so now much time i have to wait? I mean when will eligible weeks starts increasing?
Thanks

Ahmad W wrote:
Thanks for reply. so now much time i have to wait? I mean when will eligible weeks starts increasing?

It usually looks like this: If you have a block of 4 non-eligible weeks in your 16 week window, that block takes a long time to "travel" through your 16 week window.

eligible.jpg

I see why I am stuck at 2/16.

Feifei H wrote:

I see why I am stuck at 2/16.

Your JSS is below 90%

Eligible weeks are weeks during the last 16 weeks when your JSS was above 90%.

Hello.

If I have the rest of the money in "pending" will I be top rated on Monday? 

Please see attached file. its 15week but tomorrow will be 16. 

thanks 

petra_r
Community Member

Guro D wrote:

If I have the rest of the money in "pending" will I be top rated on Monday? 

Not until it's available, and it tends to take 24 to 48 hours to appear. You only need 13 eligible weeks as well.

Hi,

I had a very good start since the beginning joinning at Upwork. All of a sudden there was 2 clients that wasn't respective enough and easy to work with. I had JSS 100% and after there bad review and star my JSS is now 89%.

I am concerned that I may lose my Top Rated badge. Is it so?

petra_r
Community Member

Fahim N wrote:

I am concerned that I may lose my Top Rated badge. Is it so?

Yes, you will lose it but you can use your top rated perk (provided you haven't used it in the last 10 contracts and 3 months) and have 15 or 16 eligible weeks to hopefully get it back. Remove the one that ended on the Aug 23, 2021, which will remove your not-very-well-thought-out response, which ill be an added bonus.

7f070b0b
Community Member

Thanks for your response. How does this perk work? Can you please tell me a bit more about this? I'm not familiar with this!!

7f070b0b
Community Member

One more thing is that, It became 89% today. Should I send upwork an email to remove that today or do I need to wait for anything?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members