Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Rated vs. Premium Programs

Highlighted
Trevor R Member Since: May 21, 2017
1 of 4

Hello Everyone!

My apologies if this question has already been answered elsewhere on the forums but I couldn't locate any information on it.

Last week I had a very successful week on the Upwork platform. I was invited to interview for Upwork Premium Programs and was accepted into the program. Furthermore, I also earned my 'Top Rated' badge...yay!  The problem is, I don't really see any difference in my Upwork experience aside from a 'Top Rated' badge on my profile and a new search function on the left-hand margin entitled 'Special Offer Jobs.'

Am I missing something? Is there a special area on the Upwork site that I need to visit to access these exclusive job postings?  How does the 'Top Rated' program and Premium Programs differ?

Any information would be appreciated, thanks!

Trevor R.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
2 of 4

The "Special Offer Jobs" was a promo for Top Rated providers that expired a few weeks ago. I meant to ask UW why the tab is still there?

Other than that - being TR means you can exclude contracts from the JSS calculation subject to a few conditions you should read up on. Clients allegedly prefer providers with a JSS of 90+ (=TR).

And that's really it. At least I don't see any other perks! 

Re Premium Programs: I still apply to enterprise client jobs and never get hired, despite being a member of the Premium Programs. In my case, the latter gave me access to 2 Team Builder Groups & 1 Pro Group that don't really cater to my skills. I left the Pro Group pretty quickly and stayed in the Team Builder Groups hoping those badges appeal to enterprise clients. So far, nothing Smiley Wink

However, there is another Pro Group I would like to become a member of but they haven't been accepting applications for the past 1,5 years. I was once a member of a new defunct Private Talent Cloud that the client stopped using. 

Sorry. Maybe somebody else will come along with better news & more benefits!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Catherine M Member Since: Jan 20, 2017
3 of 4

In my own experience, I am not top rated and have yet to earn a JSS score so I can't speak on that (I guess it's because I focus on long-term projects). Anyway, I am part of the Talent Cloud and have found no benefit to it. My clients have come from going through the regular pipelines. Most of the times, the jobs found in the premium program don't even appeal to me. I would say my only perk is the badge and even that I don't care about. Hopefully, someone with a more positive experience can chime into this thread.

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 4

Hi Trevor,

If you completed the interview and test, was accepted into the Premium Programs and received proper confirmation, you should soon see new job feed/s on the left side of your regular job feed and a tag on the right side of your profile. It can take up to a few days for these to show up so please do let me know if they don't appear by tomorrow, so I can check.

Find more information about the Top Rated status and Premium Programs.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS