🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Top Rated wordpress developers
Page options
nayyoo_webdev
Community Member

Top Rated wordpress developers

Hi. I am a top-rated freelancer, but lately, when this "boost" thing started, it's been harder to get a job and I did not get a single job in the last 7 months. What to do? Looking forward to hearing about your experience.

3 REPLIES 3
celgins
Community Member

Nayyar,

I rarely develop websites anymore, but a lot of Wordpress Developers have said the same thing about the lack of invitations and/or hires for jobs. In addition to the boosting features, Upwork has plenty of competition for Wordpress Developers, so getting jobs can be a challenge.

In other words, the slow down in opportunities is happening to thousands of freelancers. I have heard many freelancers--not just Wordpress Developers--say that they have not landed a job in 3 months, 6 months, 10 months, or 1 year. It varies across the platform.

The only thing you can do is continue to submit quality proposals to jobs for which you are qualified. I think the wins will eventually return for top-rated and highly experienced freelancers.

virtualbrix
Community Member

I would also recommend that you upskill. Look at other platforms you can help with such as webflow and so forth. I know webflow has been out for a while now but that is just an example. Do research, search, look at different keywords, etc.

williamtcooper
Community Member

Nayyar,

The typical post gets about 50 proposals in a day and only half the client posts result in a hire, therefore a freelancer has on AVERAGE a 1% chance of getting an Upwork job. This has to do with that there are 4,000,000 active freelancers and 800,000 active clients per quarter on the site. Client Demand < Freelancer Supply.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members