Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Rated

Community Guru
Tarpinder S Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
1 of 3

Hi All

toprated.jpg

Please check the above image from upwork.  It seems upwork is violating it's own rules.  It is clearly written that 12 month earnings of at least $1000,  yet I have seen freelancers who are 2-3 months old(no doubt earnings are more than $1000) are top rated.  12 month earnings mean technically earned in 12 months not on or before 12 months.

I can supply the links on demand because links are not allowed to be posted in forum.  The presons with out photographs are top rated.

It mars the chances of freelancers who are more than 1 year old on the platform.

I think top rated and JSS should be given to a person only after 1 year.

Sample this:

Case 1:

5 jobs of $5 and 100% JSS

1 job of $1000 Top rated may be the person has joined only 2-3 months back.

Case 2:

85 jobs, 2 years, JSS 89%, one refund $50 JSS drops to 79%

Either algorithm is culprit or I am not able to understand.

Thanks

Merlina N Member Since: Oct 24, 2015
2 of 3

I leave the JSS behind. They will never reveal how the JSS calculated (client's rating to freelancer) which is fine with me. I got 2 decent project despite the fact that my JSS is low. Competetion's are very strong I know, but one day I will become top rated as like everyone else, that is my goal. I am ok every 2 weeks JSS changed.

Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
3 of 3

@Tarpinder S wrote:

It is clearly written that 12 month earnings of at least $1000,  yet I have seen freelancers who are 2-3 months old(no doubt earnings are more than $1000) are top rated.  12 month earnings mean technically earned in 12 months not on or before 12 months. 

If you earned $1000 in 2-3 months, then you must have also earned at least $1000 in 12 months, even if you stopped working. The statement does not imply >$1000 in exactly 12 months, if that was the case then nobody would be top rated until after 1 year on the platform.

It is difficult to explain this any clearer that it has already been stated in the documentation.

---- easy like Sunday morning ----
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS