🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Top Rated
Page options
redirable
Community Member

Top Rated

Dear Upwork Users,

I have experienced an issue considering Top Rated badge.
On 25 of July, I received an e-mail from Upwork, stating that I am very close to get a Top Rated badge.
Only thing I was missing was a 100% complete profile. The e-mail claimed that if I finish building my profile, I will be awarded with Top Rated badge within 24 hours.
However, it's already been few days since I completed my profile and there is no sign of the badge.
What could be the problem?

Best regards,
Kacper

9 REPLIES 9
colettelewis
Community Member

The talent badges are updated every two weeks, so on the next update, your JSS rating and top-rated badge should show. 

(When this happens, you will lose your rising talent badge)

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kacper,

You shouldn't have received the email about the Top Rated badge as you're not meeting all the requirements yet. More precisely, one of the requirements is having a Job Success Score of 90% or higher and you didn't earn your JSS yet. I'll check with the team to see whether the email was sent and in the meantime, could you please check the email if it's regarding the Rising Talent badge, not the Top Rated one?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Aleksandar D wrote:

Hi Kacper,

You shouldn't have received the email about the Top Rated badge as you're not meeting all the requirements yet. More precisely, one of the requirements is having a Job Success Score of 90% or higher and you didn't earn your JSS yet. I'll check with the team to see whether the email was sent and in the meantime, could you please check the email if it's regarding the Rising Talent badge, not the Top Rated one?

Thank you.

As a matter of interest, is it not possible to receive a JSS and a top-rated badge at the same time? From what I can tell from the OP's profile, he meets all the requirements, even though he has not yet received his JSS, and he already has a rising talent badge. 

This is exactly what I was thinking, thank you. In the requirements it is stated to maintain either 90% JSS or Raising Talent. I have a Raising Talent badge, so it looks like I meet all the requirements. Still, my Top Rated badge hasn't arrived.
I shall wait 2 weeks as you said, thank you very much for this information.

Kacper S wrote:

In the requirements it is stated to maintain either 90% JSS or Raising Talent. I have a Raising Talent badge, so it looks like I meet all the requirements. .

You can't be Top Rated without a Job Success Score of 90% or better. You don't have a JSS, so you can't be top rated until you do.

Look at the requirements again, where the very FIRST requirement is a CURRENT JSS of 90% or better.

Criteria

Manage your success on Upwork by tracking your Job Success Score, 12-month earnings, and more on your My Stats page. To become Top Rated, you must have the following qualifications.

Freelancers
  • A current Job Success Score of 90% or higher
  • First hire on Upwork was more than 90 days ago
  • Maintained Rising Talent status or a Job Success Score of at least 90% for at least 13 of the last 16 weeks
  • A 100% complete profile  (90% for those who brought their profiles over from Elance)
  • 12-month earnings of at least $1,000
  • Up-to-date availability (if unavailable now, set a date estimate)
  • An account in good standing with no recent account holds
  • Activity on the platform (proposal, accepted invitation, or earnings) in the past 90 days

(source)

Thank you for your comment Petra, I understand that.
However, if the JSS was the problem, why would Upwork send me this e-mail?
Please look at the attached picture, it is clearly stated that all I need to do is update my profile (which I did).
I don't mind waiting for the JSS to appear, I'm just a little confused with the situation - should I expect the badge to be granted or not.
Best regards,

Kacper

Kacper S wrote:

should I expect the badge to be granted or not.

One more time: You can't get the top rated badge without a JSS. 

You may very well be eligible for it on Sunday evening UTC when the JSS is recalculated because you likely had enough completed contracts. Give it until Sunday evening UTC to see if a JSS appears and if it is over 90% which it likely will be. If it appears and is over 90%, you'll see the top rated badge appear a day or two later.

Kacper S wrote:

However, if the JSS was the problem, why would Upwork send me this e-mail?r

It will have been sent accidentally or prematurely. A Upwork moderator has already confirmed that it should not have been sent to you.

That answers all my questions, thank you.

Hi Nichola, and Kacper,

Nichola, I checked and yes, it's possible to receive the Top Rated badge and JSS at the same time. 

Kacper, we're still checking with the team regarding the email you received. Once we have more information, we'll follow up here.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths