🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Top authors and members
Page options
jeremiah-brown
Community Member

Top authors and members

What do you get if you make the list as a top member or solution author?  Is there some kind of monetary reward or incentive, or is it just a bragging rights kind of thing?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
richard_wein
Community Member

Jeremiah B wrote:

What do you get if you make the list as a top member or solution author?  Is there some kind of monetary reward or incentive, or is it just a bragging rights kind of thing?

If you're made a Featured Contributor, you receive a free Upwork mug.  Other than that it's just fame and glory. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
richard_wein
Community Member

Jeremiah B wrote:

If you're made a Featured Contributor, you receive a free Upwork mug.  Other than that it's just fame and glory. 

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

You get to have your name and photo at the side of the forum, which makes some other freelancers think that you work for Upwork and bombard you with private messages asking you to fix their JSS.

Christine A wrote:

,´...which makes some other freelancers think that you work for Upwork and bombard you with private messages asking you to fix their JSS.

AND find their withdrawals and unsuspend their friends and approve their profiles and get them hired and approve their ID documents and delete their feedback and get their client to respond to them and and.... and.. and... and... and....

Petra R wrote:

Christine A wrote:

,´...which makes some other freelancers think that you work for Upwork and bombard you with private messages asking you to fix their JSS.

AND find their withdrawals and unsuspend their friends and approve their profiles and get them hired and approve their ID documents and delete their feedback and get their client to respond to them and and.... and.. and... and... and....

Oh, do you not have the power to do all of that? I do!

lysis10
Community Member

Errrryone not telling you about the creepoids who want to do things to you and your mother. That was my favorite.

And since you have more exposure you become a target to get your profile copied by others.

Sergio S wrote:

And since you have more exposure you become a target to get your profile copied by others.

Yes, but in fairness Upwork have killed such profiles off really quickly and permanently every time I reported one who had copied my profile.

Jennifer M wrote:

Errrryone not telling you about the creepoids who want to do things to you and your mother. That was my favorite.

I think that was just you. (And your mother???)

Christine A wrote:

Jennifer M wrote:

I think that was just you. (And your mother???)

Yeah my mom too. He was the creepiest of them but there are others. It's not often but some people really need to get out more.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths