lairdpeter424

Top rated eligible weeks

If the Top rated eligible weeks is listed 13 out of the last 16, how is it possible to be listed for 1 when the assessment is done every 2 weeks, surely the increments should either go up in 2's or stay the same if you drop below 90%.

Two weeks ago i was listed as 1, now i am listed as 2, if this is done by weeks, then it should always be in increments of 2.

Pete

Lots of strange little things not quite right with Upwork, but hey ho, Rome wasn't built in a day.

8 REPLIES 8
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Peter,

Your JSS score updates on your profile every other week. However, each week's score is still taken into consideration in the Eligible Weeks metric.

~ Valeria
Upwork

If my score didn't change as i had no contracts finish, how can i not clock up 2.

The process that Upwork uses to promote freelancers is Used on your calculations, and those calculations are all hidden.

Or as it seems to me the DS answer is always cloacked in the black magic of JSS.

Pete

I was warming to Upwork again, but a lot of things are not transparent, and those can be very frustrating.

petra_r

@Peter L wrote:

If the Top rated eligible weeks is listed 13 out of the last 16, how is it possible to be listed for 1 when the assessment is done every 2 weeks,

The JSS is recalculated on your profile every 2 weeks.

Obviously you "can" be eligible one out of those two weeks and not eligible the other one

Impossible.

Ok not impossible as i could have clocked one week out of the first 2,, but after that it should go up in 2's. or stay static or slowly drop off towards the end of the 16 week period.

After clocking 1 nothing  changed on my profile within the first week, then 3 jobs finished which raised my JSS score for the second week, therfore my score should have clocked 3.

If the assessment is done weekly for the top rated why can't the JSS be done too,? It must be getting calculated somewhere for the top rated to updated.

Pete

@Peter L wrote:

If the assessment is done weekly for the top rated why can't the JSS be done too,?

They can only cope with the mass hysteria once a fortnight....

LOL

Yes, but it is central to the way Upwork promotes, now i'm over 90% I want to keep it that way, and it doesn't always depend on my quality of work.

Pete

wtrabex

I've got the Top Rated thingy and I don't know that it's worth it. I'm always having to turn down jobs that don't pay much and don't seem interesting.

I get that feeling too, but if the system is their to help promote, it should function correctly. I am not convinced it does.

Pete