🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Top rated issue:
Page options
ba0e5dbe
Community Member

Top rated issue:

Hello guys,

I have one issue for several weeks regarding the counting of eligible weeks for the Top-rated badge.

I had a Rising star badge and I lost it due to a bad grade that I corrected. After that, I had all the very positive grades and reviews, which resulted in my JSS reaching 90% and then 92%, and now it is currently at 96%.
However, my Top rated eligible weeks are not increasing for some reason.
Does anyone know what the reason is and what I could do to start the Top-rated eligible weeks to count for re-enter the Top rate badge race?

My stats.jpg

9 REPLIES 9
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Strahinja,

Eligible weeks are ones where you either had Rising Talent status or a Job Success Score above or equal to 90%. In order for the count to increase, you must be eligible this week, but not have been eligible 17 weeks ago (Eligible Weeks count would go up by one). To learn more about this, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Thank you for the fast answer. As I told you, I was at 90% 2 weeks, then 92% for 4 weeks, then 96% for 2 weeks so it was 8 weeks of 90% or above JSS and still my eligible weeks were not increasing that's my problem.

Hi Strahinja,

I'm also double checking this with our team and once I have more details I will follow up here, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for patiently waiting as we looked into this, Strahinja. 

We checked your account and can confirm that you did not meet the number of Top Rated eligible weeks to be part of the Top Rated program, and the calculation is correct. 

For the number of eligible weeks to increase, your non-eligible weeks will need to be "pushed out" of the past 16-weeks. Once this happens, the number of eligible weeks will start increasing, provided you meet the requirements each week. If an eligible week falls off the calculation each week, the number of eligible weeks won't increase.

You can find more information in the help article Goran shared, which you can also view here. In the help article, please find the section "Calculating Top Rated Eligible Weeks" to understand how the weeks are calculated. 

~ Avery
Upwork
ba0e5dbe
Community Member

Hi Avery, thank you for answering my question.

Since I'm not sure if we misunderstood, I'll try to explain my problem again, in the hope I can understand all of this better.

The issue which I am facing is that I got a rising star badge when I was on my 15th week (out of 16). I lost the badge, and since then, as time went on, my weeks were decreasing until week 5/16, which is also when my JSS got to 91+. The weeks stopped decreasing, and 9 weeks passed after that until now, with my score being 91+ JSS. But my status remains the same - 5/16.

So, in conclusion, since I've lost my status, the weeks have been counting backwards. I was week 15/16, then week 13/16, 11/16, 9/16, 7/16, end eventually came to 5/16, which is when I achieved 91+ JSS. It has passed 9 weeks since then, and nothing is changing.

Thank you.

Hi Strahinja,

I understand how this might be confusing. Since you lost the Rising Talent badge, Non-Eligible Weeks were being included in your calculation and that's why your Eligible Weeks were decreasing. Notice how your Eligible Weeks did not reach 0, this means you still had some Eligible Weeks from when you had the Rising Talent badge. 

Now, what is happening each week is that one of those Eligible Weeks is being pushed out of the calculation window. However, since you have a +90% JSS, another Eligible Week is being added. This means that the overall count is still the same since one Eligible Week was simply replaced by another one. You'll start seeing changes once the Non-Eligible Weeks reach the end of the calculation window, and start being pushed out and replaced by Eligible Weeks instead.

~Andrea
Upwork
muhammadizhan01
Community Member

I was top rated for more than 1 year. Yesterday I got message this message "We want to let you know that you no longer qualify as a Top Rated" but according to my stats, I am eligible my rating never below 90%. 

So please let me know what is the issue or it's a bug.

Thanks 

Muhammad I wrote:

So please let me know what is the issue or it's a bug.

Did you have an account hold recently?

Hi Muhammad,

Please allow up to 48 hours for the badge to be returned to your profile, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members