🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Top rated plus badge
Page options
irenevond
Community Member

Top rated plus badge

I used to have the Top rated plus badge but I no longer have it. I am trying to understand how the algorithms work and why I go down instead of up when I am doing so great here.

I understand Upwork is taking into consideration only long term contracts for this badge and to earn 10.000$ or more.

The type of service I offer doesn't always requires a having long term contracts. 
So having $+70,000 with more than 30 contracts with 5 stars and great reviews, with everything done by the book, for Upwork it doesn't really mean that I need to go up, instead I go down....

Why is Upwork not really looking into details and takes into consideration some more things when calculating these things. There are so many different fields and different types of jobs.This badge is just taking into consideration two aspects which are not always as important, but the badge itself it is for a client.

It really doesn't make sense to me and I am so disappointed to see that lately I am having so much hard time with the way Upwork is organizing everything for us , starting from not being able to have a call with a client because it is almost impossible to have a call on the platform.

I hope you can listen to our opinions because we are the ones working here and so many people are doing a great jobs here and do everything by the book, things shouldn't be so frustrating and I shouldn't be here pe writing this note neither. 
Thank you 

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Irina wrote: This badge is just taking into consideration two aspects which are not always as important, but the badge itself it is for a client.

The vast majority of clients don't even see it. I think you are overestimating its importance.

NikolaS

Hi Irina,

I am sorry to hear about your Top Rated Plus Badge. I checked and could see that you ready created a support ticket about your concern. If you have any further questions please feel free to follow up on the ticket and our team will be happy to assist you further. Regarding your concern about calls on Upwork. Please note that there are three ways to place secure video and voice calls in the Upwork Message Center. Feel free to check this help article for more information. Thank you for your patience.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths