🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Top rated plus freelancer rights (Job Success...
Page options
dvrmdmr6
Community Member

Top rated plus freelancer rights (Job Success Score Problem)

This is not a personal problem, it is a general problem.

Top rated plus freelancers work with less clients for long-term works. Therefore we are top rated plus! Top rated plus mean is we are work for long-term.

- When we accept a job, if client is a bad person. It is impossible to understand this at first. Then when we decided the end of the contract or refund all money, it still affect our JSS (success rate). 

- All top rated plus freelancers should send feedback about it, if they don't fix it, we can't protect our success rates, and everyone can attack our profiles.

- It shouldn't affect our JSS success rate. Or Upwork should give more jss delete rights,

- 1 jss delete right is not enough, it should be more for us! We don't have to complete 10 job for it! we are top rated plus and we should work with less client!

- You have to protect our rights a little.

JSS rights weren't like this before. The old rules were better. 

I would be happy if top rated plus friends send feedback on this topic!

Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Devrim,

Thank you for your feedback, I will share it with our team.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Devrim D wrote:

It sounds like a personal problem to me.

Devrim D wrote:

I'm top-rated plus, and I don't agree with you. I've only ever removed one feedback review during more than 20 years on the platform. One feedback removal every three months/10 contracts is generous enough; if anything, it's too much. 

Christine A wrote:

I'm top-rated plus, and I don't agree with you. I've only ever removed one feedback review during more than 20 years on the platform. One feedback removal every three months/10 contracts is generous enough; if anything, it's too much. 

I fully agree with both Christine and Amanda.

I am also Top Rated Plus and I disagree with you. The criteria for using the perk are way too lax already.

My 1 contract is for 2 years, I'm not like other failed people. What you said is completely wrong. I can't accept 10 contracts. We have a different way as top rated plus.  

I work as a freelancer for 1 person. I do not have to accept 10 jobs. Sometimes I work for 3.4 years with 1 job. First you have to understand what I'm saying, then if you write an answer it will make sense.

Devrim D wrote:

My 1 contract is for 2 years, I'm not like other failed people. What you said is completely wrong. I can't accept 10 contracts. We have a different way as top rated plus.  

I work as a freelancer for 1 person. I do not have to accept 10 jobs. Sometimes I work for 3.4 years with 1 job. First you have to understand what I'm saying, then if you write an answer it will make sense.

You can accept as many contracts as you like, and you currently have 8 active...

Devrim D wrote:

Sounds more like you're an employee. 

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Devrim,

Thank you for your feedback, I will share it with our team.

~ Goran
Upwork

The occasional awkward client should not be a problem for a freelancer with a strong profile who consistently delivers quality. Being able to use the perk once every 3 months and every 10 contracts should be more than enough. If it's not enough then you're probably doing something wrong. 

(And I'm top-rated plus) 

Thank you very much 🙂

a_lipsey
Community Member

Devrim D wrote:

Top rated plus freelancers work with less clients for long-term works. Therefore we are top rated plus! Top rated plus mean is we are work for long-term.

- When we accept a job, if client is a bad person. It is impossible to understand this at first. Then when we decided the end of the contract or refund all money, it still affect our JSS (success rate). 

- All top rated plus freelancers should send feedback about it, if they don't fix it, we can't protect our success rates, and everyone can attack our profiles.

- It shouldn't affect our JSS success rate. Or Upwork should give more jss delete rights,

- 1 jss delete right is not enough, it should be more for us! We don't have to complete 10 job for it! we are top rated plus and we should work with less client!

Thank you.

You already get the perk to remove one bad feedback every 3 months and 10 contracts. Are you so unable to vet clients that you need to use it more often than that? Also, even if you can't tell prior to contracting, once you've started to work with them, you'll learn pretty early on, certainly before it becomes a big contract, that they are a problem client. 

I'm Top-Rated Plus, and I disagree with you. It's YOUR job to protect yourself against bad clients. 

gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

Devrim D wrote:

Thank you.

I'm TR+ and I disagree with you completely. I would never have achieved success here, much less acquired the fancy badges, if I couldn't recognize bad clients from the get-go, at least 90% of the time; and manage client relationships so they are sustainable for long periods without turning sour. I've been here nearly five years, have been Top Rated since my 17th week, have never refunded a fee and never needed to remove client feedback (yet, knock on wood). 

Being recognized as a top freelancer has to mean you don't need to be propped up with special considerations, e.g. bad feedback not counting toward your JSS. It has to mean you are able to weather the occasional negative outcome without it completely undermining your position, and continue earning for yourself and the platform. The fb removal perk is just that, a perk we have earned that can be a handy shortcut available on an occasional basis, not an everyday survival tool.

In addition to what the others said, I vote for only one refund every 3 months and 10 successful contracts.

I've been top-rated nonstop for 4,5 years. (still top rated plus) My score was always 100%, every week. 

I'm talking about something else here. We don't have to accept new jobs all the time. My contract sometimes for 2,3 years. Some jobs are long. You don't know how this person is when you accept a new contract. When we refund all money and JSS is affected. 

The old JSS rule wasn't like that, the old ones know that well. The issue is not in JSS. I am not a company. As a freelancer, I don't have to accept new jobs every month, week! There is something called a "long project." If you like short projects it's not my problem. 

1 person can't do 100 work at the same time.  

Devrim D wrote:

I'm talking about something else here. We don't have to accept new jobs all the time. My contract sometimes for 2,3 years.

Okay, so what exactly is your suggestion? That we should be able to remove feedback every third contract? Every second contract? Every contract?

Devrim D wrote:

I've been top-rated nonstop for 4,5 years. (still top rated plus) My score was always 100%, every week. 

I'm talking about something else here. We don't have to accept new jobs all the time. My contract sometimes for 2,3 years. Some jobs are long. You don't know how this person is when you accept a new contract. When we refund all money and JSS is affected. 

The old JSS rule wasn't like that, the old ones know that well. The issue is not in JSS. I am not a company. As a freelancer, I don't have to accept new jobs every month, week! There is something called a "long project." If you like short projects it's not my problem. 

1 person can't do 100 work at the same time.  

I guess I am new, but I am glad that a full refund has an effect on the JSS. A full refund is usually given by those freelancers that have scammed the clients and got called out for that. Sadly enough there is no client protection when it comes to that.

You need to reconsider your contract manegement. I have clients that start a new contract for every new task instead of adding milestones. So yes, I have short-term contracts but long-term relationships.

If the JSS is not your issue, what is?

What we are suggesting to you is that managing this problem is entirely within your control and does not require a policy change by Upwork to address it. 

lysis10
Community Member

Just use the perk and move on who cares.

dvrmdmr6
Community Member

Sorry, I don't think the same as you. Even 1% is important to me. We cannot lose points because of spammers. Unsuccessful people are not my problem.

petra_r
Community Member

Devrim D wrote:

...Jealousy is not a good thing.

...Unsuccessful people are not my problem.

You may want to take a look at the people who are disagreeing with you (ie everyone)... They are neither jealous nor unsuccessful. But maybe your attitude has something to do with you needing to fix your JSS so often.

lysis10
Community Member

Devrim D wrote:

Sorry, I don't think the same as you. Even 1% is important to me. We cannot lose points because of spammers. Unsuccessful people are not my problem.

awwww so cute and precious.

I wish I had 100%  but people just keep throwing money at me instead and now here I am all lowly 97% and so I have to just sit here with all my $$$$$$ and stare at my 97 while I shop online. 😞 It's very sad.

wescowley
Community Member

Devrim D wrote:

Nah. We're good.

Jealousy is not a good thing. I've been here for 5 years, I know what's what.

It's impossible to know what will happen after accepting a contract. This is a general problem. You could lose your score due to a spammer. It doesn't matter what unsuccessful people say. 

Thank you, good luck

Devrim D wrote:

Jealousy is not a good thing. 

Jealousy?

Mate, take a look at the profiles of the people you are talking to and ask yourself if we have any reason to be jealous. 

Jamie F wrote:

Devrim D wrote:

Jealousy is not a good thing. 

Jealousy?

Mate, take a look at the profiles of the people you are talking to and ask yourself if we have any reason to be jealous. 

Seriously...

Devrim D wrote:

Jealousy is not a good thing. I've been here for 5 years, I know what's what.

It's impossible to know what will happen after accepting a contract. This is a general problem. You could lose your score due to a spammer. It doesn't matter what unsuccessful people say. 

Thank you, good luck

You need to learn how to spot the spammers. That's what successful freelancers do. Your mindset is that of an unsuccessful freelancer. You've just had a number of people with TR+ status and better JSS than you tell you that. How do you think we maintain our JSS? All my projects are long term. One client can absolutely tank my score. I learned how to fastidiously vet clients and also to end it if it's not working out. 

kbadeau
Community Member

What's ironic is when I needed the perk was when I first started here. It was a bit of a challenge to have 20 years' experience but basically be a newbie when I started here. I just had no idea that people would hire me to do something and I'd do the work and then they'd just take the work and not pay, saying the work wasn't what they were looking for or some other lame excuse.

I do love knowing the perk is there though, just in case.

Now if I could just get them to show me the flat fee or hourly rate in invitations, rather than having to click on the job posting, that would be something I could get behind. 🙂

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths