🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Top rated status lost within 5 days after...
Page options
0571aba8
Community Member

Top rated status lost within 5 days after getting it - what happened?

Hello Upwork staff:

I received an email from Upwork on 6/26/19 saying that I'd achieved Top Rated status. For the next four days, I could see the badge when I opened my profile on the desktop or the app.

Today, five days later, I notice that the badge has disappeared!

Please could someone with access to the internals of the system check my profile and explain what happened.

It was a great feeling (to have achieved this status) while it lasted, but having this status given and taken away within 5 days is a trifle disappointing - not to say worrisome. I wonder if there is some hidden problem.

Thanks in advance for any help.

5 REPLIES 5
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Nilotpal,

I checked your account and can see that your profile is completed to 90% at the moment. In order to maintain your Top Rated status, your profile needs to be 100%. To learn more on how you can complete your profile up to 100% check out this Help Article. Once you become eligible again to receive the badge it can take up to 48 hours to be awarded on your profile, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran:

Thanks for your response. But my profile has always been at 90% completion and has was the same number before 6/26. The email from Upwork was unequivocal - I had achieved the status even with a profile at 90% completion. It did not say that I could achieve the status IF I completed my profile. So obviously, some algorithm thought that my profile and other supporting data was sufficient to reach that status. Five days later, it seems not to be the case.

Does that not strike you as odd?

Thanks.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nilotpal,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this caused you. Our team will get in touch with you via support ticket and assist you further.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Nilotpal M wrote:

But my profile has always been at 90% completion and has was the same number before 6/26. The email from Upwork was unequivocal - I had achieved the status even with a profile at 90% completion.

Then you were awarded the status wrongly and this has now been rectified.

0571aba8
Community Member

Hi Petra:

That is exactly the answer I was hoping to hear from the Upwork staff, instead of what they wrote.

Thank you for hitting the nail on the head!

The algorithm used to choose me for that status evidently made a mistake. I was hoping that they would send this on to the right people for correcting the algo. Instead they created a trouble ticket where the person responding had exacly the same suggestion - update your profile.

I did not raise this query to be restored to that status. I wanted to point out (perhaps too subtly) the error that the algorithm had made, with the implict hope that it would be corrected.

Thanks again.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths