Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top rated system ..

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
11 of 32

Hi Mr,

If you don't mind sending me a link to this profile in a private message, I could check if everything is correct with the way contracts and Job Success score are displayed on the profile. Thank you!

~ Valeria
Upwork
elastella
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
12 of 32

What I don't understand: the JS score is first and foremost calculated on the basis of completed contracts and actual feedback. If a person doesn't have either - how come they have a JS score at all?

Or is this someone who migrated from Elance and half of his/her history is still missing?

anima9
Community Guru
Robert James R Member Since: Apr 17, 2015
13 of 32

I also saw a Top Rated member with a rating of 3.75.

UpWhat.jpg

ago_g
Community Guru
Santiago G Member Since: Mar 10, 2015
14 of 32

@ Mr M

"Right" or "fair" had nothing to do with it. Everyone starts out with 100% and manages to drop, somehow, from there. It can only drop from that point as Ramon pointed out. Now would be a good time for that particular freelancer to hope nothing goes wrong!! Option 2 = destroyed profile in a heartbeat for that freelancer!!

It's just if you're only working on one project with nearly 2,000 hours in total, I'd agree with Preston in saying that particular freelancer earned his badge just the same. That's no easy stunt by any means.

@ Ela

That freelancer does have the requirements. JS is one of the requirements but it was already there (100%) since that freelancer started.

I do recall the topic(s) you posted. The concerns about your JS dropping 11% or 12% from only one job that went haywire and it wasn't your fault. Correct me if I'm wrong (my memory isn't all powerful hahahaha) but didn't that drop cost you a Top Rated status or just end up costing you in general? What JS % did you start with? I didn't re-read your posts from that time so I have to ask.

@ Robert

Nice catch. That one is quite the question, isn't it!!

Star rating is not one of the requirements to get Top Rated but how does a freelancer keep 100% JS with such a low star rating? That's definately two different stories from the same profile. Clearly that's no starter profile with 23 jobs and over 3,000 hours worked. 

Was that one also "featured" in the Job Success Bloopers topic?

kugrin
Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
15 of 32

@Santiago G wrote:

"Right" or "fair" had nothing to do with it. Everyone starts out with 100% and manages to drop, somehow, from there. 

That's not true, Santiago and also doesn't make any sense. How could new users without a single job get a 100% JS by default? 

anima9
Community Guru
Robert James R Member Since: Apr 17, 2015
16 of 32

I once thought the star ratings counted in being Top Rated. Did I imagine things? I thought before the minimu star rating is 4.95 or something.

Anyway, since the stars don't count, it's possible he got bad feedback before but most of his current clients are long term.

P.S. I have on client who paused our contract and has been inactive for more than a month. Would it be better if I just cut him off or just let him stay there?

ago_g
Community Guru
17 of 32

@ Krisztina

More than likely, you're right about that. It was just what all I could think of it based on that first screen shot. So my guess might not have been entirely accurate at the time!! Smiley LOL

So by the looks of it, that freelancer has a 100% JS from his/her one and only long term client.

elastella
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
18 of 32

@Santiago

Yes, it was one negative private feedback from an unpleasant client regarding a contract where no work was performed. I was still clueless in those (pre-forum) days and closed the contract myself after the client stopped communicating. My JS score dropped form 100% to 89%.

But I had successfully completed about 12 jobs at the time that happened.

It was contract #13 that put me back with the common people for a while, until I became a chosen one again some weeks later 😉

ago_g
Community Guru
19 of 32

@ Robert

I never did see the star ratings as a requirement. There's a possibility you could have spotted it before and it was changed. Speculation of course but things managed to change and then we find it previously. How many of us never knew the profile discovery was there before someone pointed it out?!! I sure didn't!!

But that one you posted is just plain weird. 100% JS and such a low star rating? I'm not even sure how's that's possible considering any bad feedback, as Ela reminded us here (thanks Ela), can show show up in the JS.

I don't know if anything good or bad would come from a job being paused. I'd leave it there just in case. But do check (or try to anyway) to see if that specific client has been either suspended or had their account closed.

A client I was working for had his account suspended. No reason was given that the client could figure out. At least I caught some luck and he was able to close the job so that wouldn't cause any further problems for me. But it still caused the problem of "bye bye job". The pay was there, the work was being stacked up (due to my speed) and poof..... gone in an instant.

setumonroe
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
20 of 32

For the profile in question there could be so many possibilities. Also remember that the jobs total shown these days is no longer the "true" total as before. Remember there was a change to only reflect the jobs that were included in the public job history. Therefore the profile in question could actually have had 5 or 10 dud jobs, but long ago, which no longer affect the JS score.

I have seen many profiles with very long contracts and they tend to always be 100%. If you only have one full time contract each year, then all your available lines (calculations) could only be made up of 2 jobs at the most. That is a sure 100% assuming that the contract was going well.

Nevertheless remember there is a +1 or +(x) for long term contract, so there is still a cushion even if the contract didn't go that well. Therefore having only a few long term contracts over years is the best scenario for a JS score calculation.

Also there are possibilities where one contract had price increases, which would essentially many jobs grouped as one. Plus Multiple jobs with the same title (repeat jobs) which count as one etc etc. There are many possibilities to consider.

---- easy like Sunday morning ----
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS