Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top rated system ..

researchediting
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
21 of 32

@Setu M wrote:

...having only a few long term contracts over years is the best scenario for a JS score calculation.

Setu,

That insight may go some way toward explaining not only a provider strategy but the criteria Upwork uses to calculate the JS score.

From UpWork's point of view, steady, predictable, active long-term contracts are also best for its cash flow and revenue projections, both factors I am sure they would like to have under control as they work toward profitability.

Best,

Michael

setumonroe
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
22 of 32

@Douglas Michael M wrote:

From UpWork's point of view, steady, predictable, active long-term contracts are also best for its cash flow and revenue projections, both factors I am sure they would like to have under control as they work toward profitability.

Best,

Michael

On point Michael. Does that mean they intend to get rid of 90% of the clients - the short term ones? I doubt it.

---- easy like Sunday morning ----
researchediting
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
23 of 32

@Setu M wrote:

Does that mean they intend to get rid of 90% of the clients - the short term ones? I doubt it.

Thanks, Setu. Well, there are certain advantages to having a virtual monopoly. And the "loss leader" is a time-honored marketing strategy.

kugrin
Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
24 of 32

@Setu M wrote:

Does that mean they intend to get rid of 90% of the clients - the short term ones? I doubt it.

Hi Setu - the 90% of the clients you reference probably don't even make up for 10% of total revenue. There's a whole world, one that actually brings in most of the revenue, behind the curtains, safely tucked away in the PTC. Upwork should focus more on growing small clients, they're completely hindering me and I spend a 10th of what I'd spend if things weren't made so impossible, but what you see in the job feed is not all of Upwork. I'd be surprised and shocked, if it was more than 10%.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
25 of 32

re: "Well, there are certain advantages to having a virtual monopoly."

I have a hard time accepting the characterization of Upwork as having a "virtual monopoly" on the freelance job market. There are many other places where contractors and clients can connect with each other online, some which are broader in scope, some which are very narrow niche providers, and some which server a market segment essentially identical to Upwork's.

felix-a-porter
Felix P Member Since: Dec 3, 2015
26 of 32

How come I am not a top rated freelancers. I met the requirements. 😞

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
27 of 32

Hi Felix and Shahriar,

I checked and both your profiles updated and now display the Top Rated badges. Thank you for your patience. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
smshahriar
Ace Contributor
S M Shahriar K Member Since: Mar 30, 2015
28 of 32

I was Top Rated. Then one day my job success score went down and I lost it. But today again I was able to increase my job success score to 93% and I believe I meet all the criteria of this link https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068468-Become-Top-Rated to achieve the Top Rated badge like never account holds, 12 months earning $1000+ etc

But the badge is not showing on my profile! I'm little bit frustrated about this since I knew this week my job success score should cross 90% and it does. So could someone tell me why it happened to me? Thanks.

computerhxr
Community Guru
Daniel C Member Since: Nov 21, 2010
29 of 32

The badge takes longer to change than the score.  I still have a Top Rated badge even though I lost it technically.  Just wait a couple of days.  Smiley Very Happy

jolash
Community Guru
Oreofe J Member Since: May 8, 2015
30 of 32

Yes you need to wait - eventually the switch gets flipped and everything gets to be the way it was meant to be.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS