🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Top six Tips to bid on UpWork
Page options
zubair14
Community Member

Top six Tips to bid on UpWork

I’ve been freelancing since 5 years and upon my experience I would like to suggest. Bidding plays the big part. Note these bullets while bidding:

These are some important points while bidding:
– Make sure you send proposal with your bid.
– Your proposal must contains this line: “Your Invitation over a private chat would be highly appreciated.”
– Your bid amount should neither be higher nor be lower; make it moderate an average sized bid.
– Always communicate in professional language and don’t use short forms of the spellings like Your to “ur”.
– Try be first while bidding on the projects because it give an impressive feel to the employers.
– Make sure you use correct spellings and grammars while communicate.

• Tip 1: The Early Bird Gets The Worm
  • Tip 2: Maintain Your Profile
  • Tip 3: Have Good Samples
  • Tip 4: Don’t Copy and Paste your Proposals
  • Tip 5: Make Your Proposal a Sponsored Proposal
  • Tip 6: Follow Up

**edited for Community Guidelines**

54 REPLIES 54

Hi Josh, 

Yeah, Each time you change your bid client gets notification whether you increase rate or descrease rate. 

hirenk749
Community Member

thanks for your sugegstions, its help me lot

ahmedsaad9093
Community Member

during making a bid , the "estimated duration" located above the cover letter ,what does the cell "estimated duration" refers to?

Hi Ahmed,

You can use that field to explain how long it may take you to complete the project.

~ Valeria
Upwork

@Ahmed S wrote:

during making a bid , the "estimated duration" located above the cover letter ,what does the cell "estimated duration" refers to?

They want you to guess how long the project is going to take. It's a real problem, since often jobs are ongoing based on client needs you can't know about, and often there isn't enough information to determine how long a fixed project will take, and often it isn't clear whether the client is looking for a finite project or continuing work, yet your guess as to how long the work might take if you've guessed correctly about all of those issues and more is part of the information the client receives and uses to evaluate your bid.

ravi_bakraniya
Community Member

You said "follow up" -  but how can I follow up if the client hasn't replied once?

sucharita_jm
Community Member

Very informative tips great job

wooakramul
Community Member

Thanks

04e07b56
Community Member

How can we take follow-up?

saruar-jahan
Community Member

Thanks so much

Saruar Jahan
d990be0b
Community Member

Thank you

1e76bc4e
Community Member

sir Hi.i need ur help

rizwan_sarwar7
Community Member

Hi, can you please explain no. 5???

Don't pay any attention to this. It was written 8 years ago, and the platform has changed a lot. The advice wasn't very good even then, and #5 is dead wrong.

7acc6598
Community Member

Have tried and not getting any feedback 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths