cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Totally confused!

Gerry L Member Since: Aug 5, 2014
1 of 4
A few months ago I signed up with oDesk, and then promptly forgot about it. A few days ago I received a job offer via email. I accepted that offer, and when I did I was told that I would receive further instructions within 24-48 hours. The instructions didn't arrive for 72 hours. I received them today (August 5), and in the instructions it said that the job needed to be completed by August 4....! So what do I do now? Has my reputation been totally trashed before I even had one due to the fact that I have not completed the job in the required period....even though I didn't receive any instructions until after the completion date for the job? Should I just go ahead and try to do the job anyway, even though I probably won't be paid seeing as how I haven't met the deadline? So far this has not been a smooth experience!
Ace Contributor
Aleah T Member Since: Mar 25, 2010
2 of 4
Send a message to the client via oDesk messaging to clarify the deadline. If they say yes, the deadline stands even though they didn't send you the task when they said they would, then it's up to you whether to take the risk of getting a feedback if you don't finish it by tomorrow. They may also say never mind the deadline, in which case you don't have to worry about it.
Ace Contributor
German G Member Since: Jun 16, 2013
3 of 4
You can cancel the job yourself if you want. As long as you haven't been payed it won't reflect on your profile. But try to talk to the client first to clear things up. He may not care about the set deadline.
Community Guru
Gillian Michele N Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
4 of 4
Hi Gerry, It's not your fault that they didn't send the instructions in time. As the others have said, send a message and ask if the deadline can be extended and highlight the fact that you've only just received their message. Some clients are flexible.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS