🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Tracker not working
Page options
jr-translation
Community Member

Tracker not working

I was working on an hourly contract using the tracker but it has not recorded any time.

24 REPLIES 24
petra_r
Community Member

Jennifer R wrote:

I was working on an hourly contract using the tracker but it has not recorded any time.

The tracker is not recording or the screenshots are not being sent to the work diary?

You can send a ticket with the logs to support right from the tracker. click on the cog-wheel bottom left and choose Support & Feedback. That opens a window.

DON'T uninstall the tracker, if any tracked time was stuck in the cache, it would be lost.

Petra R wrote:

Jennifer R wrote:

The tracker is not recording or the screenshots are not being sent to the work diary?

You can send a ticket with the logs to support right from the tracker. click on the cog-wheel bottom left and choose Support & Feedback. That opens a window.

DON'T uninstall the tracker, if any tracked time was stuck in the cache, it would be lost.

It is not recoeding. It says "Total Time Logged: 0:00 hrs", and did not record anything today. No screenshot either. I was tracking but there are no logs.

Hi Jennifer,

I shared the issue you are having with the Upwork Desktop App with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Having the same issue. Please help

Hi Kathlea,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

The tracker is not counting the right hours the last week I worked more than 40 hours and it only counted 28 hours and this week is happening the same issue 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lorenzo Abraham,

Could you please try the troubleshooting tips shared in this help article.  If the issue persists, please report it following the ''How do I report a problem?'' section of the previously shared troubleshooting guide, and our team will assist you directly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello. I am also encountering the same issue. My time tracker is ON and keeps on taking screenshots. However, the time is not adding up to my work hours or work diary. I already tried submitting a report but I am just getting an error message saying, "There was an error processing your request".

Hi Mary Ann,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
b87d7167
Community Member

The time tracker is not opening. Kindly please look into this matter.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abhishek,

Could you please try the troubleshooting tips shared in this help article.  If the issue persists, please report it following the ''How do I report a problem?'' section of the previously shared troubleshooting guide, and our team will assist you directly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
b87d7167
Community Member

The problem we are facing isn't even listed in the help article. The
solution we received is by opening the time tracker and reporting it to the
support and feedback section which isn't possible as we are not able to
open the time tracker.

Kindly contact us as soon as possible.

Hi Abhishek,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

The time tracker app isn't loading. When we try to open the application it doesn't open but the user interface isn't accessible. 

Hi!

It's the second time I'm facing this problem. Yesterday night I put a rendering, it's a 6hr rendering and I opened the time tracker and went away. When I came back after 6hrs it hasn't recorded anythin, only 10 mintues of time! Then today morning I again started recording and it only recorded on hour instead of 3. When I opened it I could see I had worked for 3hrs but when I go to work diary it hadn't updated, it has empty gaps. When I came back and refreshed, that 3hrs went missing again it came back for 1hr!! I've complained about this bug before, and it's happening again, which lost myself a lot of working hours and money. Smiley Frustrated Fortuanately I took screenshot to show my client what happened, so I'll attach them here. I hope to have a solution for this problem. Thank you! 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Dewmini W wrote:

It's the second time I'm facing this problem. Yesterday night I put a rendering, it's a 6hr rendering and I opened the time tracker and went away.

The tracker is meant to capture the time you spend actively working. It is not designed to capture time you are away from your computer while the computer runs a render. 

The empty gaps in your work diary are also segments where there wasn't any keyboard or mouse activity. 

Only segments with activity are billed. This is not a bug. This is how the system is designed to work.

Time without activity is not tracked or charged to the client by design.

jehoney
Community Member

Same issue here. Please help.

Hi Jehoney,

Could you please send us more information about the issue you are experiencing along with the version of your OS and the Upwork Desktop App so that we can check and assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
ffc35874
Community Member

This is very heat breaking ! I am a new one on this platform, and I am scared now.  I have seen many such negative comments as feedback to Clients, arguing on the hours that freelancer worked.

The idea scenario would be an algorithm built in upwork platform, where testing can be done before each proposal.  Both have to be clearly informed by the platform that the tracking works.

Regards

Chetan A

Chetan A.

I am having the same  issue. Mine started last Tuesday. The tracker does not track time and is not taking screenshots even when I am ACTIVELY working (eg: chatting/emailing). I am losing a lot of time that is supposed to be billed. There seems to be a problem with the App (with its latest upgrade, whatever it is, I do not know.) that should be fixed. And since there are a lot of freelancers already having the same issues, this should be taken sersiously. 

Hi Neil,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the issue while tracking your time. Could you please try troubleshooting your Desktop app? You can also refer to 'How do I report a problem?' section to know more on how to report your issue. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
deborah-ponzio
Community Member

Same thing for me about 1 hour ago. Previous working hours were recorded. 

Hi Deborah,

I'm sorry to hear about that. Could you please report it by following the 'How do I report a problem?' section of the troubleshooting guide so the team can assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear Aleksandar, thank you but the tracking now works. I have been able to register working hours for other clients today. The "lost time"was just about 10 minutes and, in the interim, I asked the client to pause the contract as he gives me work very occasionally during this time. I am therefore not pursuing this one but again, thank you 😉

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths