🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Tracking is not working
Page options
paulaalcosta
Community Member

Tracking is not working

Hi,

I am having trouble with the time tracker. I worked 1h30 and it only tracked 40min, then my client allowed me to add time manually.
The strange is that I worked for another client and when I use the same tracking it works perfectly with them.

My job (for the client which tracking doesn't woek) consists in interviewing people by phone call and transcribe on a paper what os said by the interviewed.
I have the feeling that because I am not active typing on the notebook (although the voip is on) the system 'understands' I am not working and don't track the time, because on the other job I use the touchpad/mouse more often.

Why it works with one client and not the other?

Had the client set to track only it is very active? I mean, is it something that.my client can solve or is it with upwork IT team?

Tks,
1 REPLY 1
tlbp
Community Member

Yes, the time tracker only records 'active' sessions, which requires mouse or keyboard activity to detect. So, if you are doing interviews, you'll need to use manual time or perform some physical activity (mouse or keyboard) that signals the tracker. It's good that you noticed, sometimes people work for days without realizing that they are losing blocks of time. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members