Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking time with the app

kryz2015
Cristina S Member Since: Jul 12, 2016
1 of 5

Hello everyone,

I am having problems with tracking time with Upwork app. Yesterday, I worked for nearly 3 hours and the "Today" and "this week" times just showed that I worked 1 hour. It is the first time that happens this to me since I was working with hourly contracts. I cleared cache and re-started the app but nothing happens.

Can someone tell me if this is normal or if someone has experienced this before?

Thanks,

Cristina

jillian1205
Jillian F Member Since: Jul 12, 2016
2 of 5

Yes, it happened to me last week too. I've been working for a client for 2 weeks and noticed on Friday that my time tracker didn't upload any hours worked to my work diary. So not only am I not getting a paycheck for work done 2 weeks ago, I'm also not getting any answers from the support staff 😞

Luckily all data from the time tracker app saves to a temp log file on your computer. I would suggest finding the log file and send it in to support as I have done, although it may take awhile to get an actual answer to what is going on. I've been waiting patiently for 3 days now. Support also told me not to delete and re-install the app until they find the problem. I'm so glad my client is okay with manual billing or else I would have to withdraw from the project I'm working on. 

You'd think with the recent hike in commission fees, Upwork would have a fully staffed support system in place. 

kryz2015
3 of 5

Hello Jillian,

Where can I ifind the log file?

Thanks

Cristina

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
4 of 5

Hi Cristina and Jillian, 

I've checked with the team, and to be able to investigate further, please lodge a ticket and include the specific dates and times that you used the tracker but the hours and screen grabs didn't reflect in your Work Diary. 

Jillian, please just update your open ticket with the necessary times/hours you used the team app so that they can cross reference it with the logs you sent. 

~ Avery
Upwork
kryz2015
5 of 5

Hello,

Thank you for the quick answer.
I submitted a ticket through the app yesterday but no answer yet.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS