cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trade names

Gregory S Member Since: Aug 18, 2015
1 of 4

Am I the only member of Elance who laments the change in trade names and websites?

Elance.com instantly signals the availability of on-line freelance jobs. Even an Internet novice, encountering the Elance website for the first time, knows instantaneously the gold mine that he or she has happened upon.

Upwork.com does not immediately suggest anything . . . except, perhaps, dull dreary drudgery.

That's my humble opinion, anyway. Who agrees/disagrees? And, for those who DO agree, what can be done about this aesthetic travesty?

Gregory

Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
2 of 4

With 341 replies, I belive this official thread will show you that a lot of us are not exactly thrilled.

Introducing Upwork, posted on: 04-30-2015 09:37 AM

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Announcements/Introducing-Upwork/td-p/77655/jump-to/first-unread-mes...

That thread was created the day that Upwork changed it's name from Odesk.

Ace Contributor
Jessica V Member Since: Jul 30, 2015
3 of 4

I am specially upset that Upwork is not giving me what they have promised. I'm an Elance transplant and when I came to Upwork (I had created an Odesk account some years ago, but left because they had no payment security system at the time) I was thrilled for the slogan "Upwork has been proven to showcase the best and highest paying jobs out there". Sadly, since I have been working double-platform (2 months now), I have only scored two jobs on Upwork, as opposed to Elance, where I have been awarded many more times.

I have no idea of what might be in the root of this, perhaps your remark is right and the best clients still prefer or find Elance more useful over Upwork. I hope that, in the future, when we say goodbye to Elance, the contractors get redirected to Upwork while searching for Elance and informed that this is an extension of the former platform.

Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
4 of 4

@Gregory S wrote:

....what can be done about this aesthetic travesty?

Not much, Gregory, unless we want to buy the company. Bidding would probably have to start somewhere north of $200,000,000.

Best,

Michael

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS