cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tragedy of a client instead 700$ they paid 50$ and now are asking for the 60$ in escrow !!!

Highlighted
Community Leader
Dusko A Member Since: May 12, 2017
1 of 60

At first it was very positive but pretty soon I realized I was working with people who are completely unaware if I am sleeping, or at work although I told them I was. Ex. I write to them around midnight that I finished for today with the progress I made sending them basic images of the work and before I woke up in the morning, I am reading on Skype message from my client "Hey bro any update on the work?"

I opened my eyes at 7 and saw the message at 7:01 , and 7 hours before I told him I was going to sleep.
I mean what the ?!?!?!?!

And that's not the issue.

This client wanted me to do a 3D model of a car that on the front looks like Ferrari FXX-K and on the rear like Koenigsegg - Jesko and I did that.

The work was agreed to be put in two milestones. First milestone was supposed to be 700$ for the car and the second one afterwards after the car is finished, an animation of 1 minute in which the price is 20$ per second for render.

However they sent 1st milestone 50$ and once I finished with the car and sent them to show some basic photos of it for 2nd milestone including even interior , they chose to close the contract because "their management" told them to based on the bad render images , which actually weren't renders at all - simply they were basic photos of the car progress because we were still working on milestone - completing the car. They were aware of it.

If they have said that the car is bad or that they are not satisfied with the progress and closed it, I would have understood. However saying the renders were bad, without actually seeing render, that looks to me like nothing else but pure fraud.

Not only I was lied about the financials where instead 700$ I only got 50$, now they want the money in the escrow 60$ to be given back to them so that is why I would like to file this dispute. Further more I would like to charge them for 700$ if somehow possible.

And the irony of this all, they gave me 3.85 rating.

How to protect myself against these clients who obviously hurt my rating because of no fault of my own? UpWork has to do something with these ratings and these clients. This is outrageous.  Completely unserious and uncompetent clients. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 60

Why did you accept the job if you had agreed a $ 700 milestone and only $ 50 was funded?

You can only dispute what's in Escrow (the $ 60.)

You willingly kissed the $ 700 Goodbye agreeing to the terms you agreed on.

Highlighted
Community Leader
3 of 60

Because he would have sent the others later?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Michael S Member Since: Aug 29, 2017
4 of 60

Dusko A wrote:

Because he would have sent the others later?

They can say all they want, but the only thing that matters is what's actually put in escrow. Or to phrase it another way, "Money talks, BS walks."

Highlighted
Community Leader
5 of 60

I always learnt best when I felt it on my skin. Next time will know better

Highlighted
Community Leader
6 of 60

Now since the UpWork has lots of criteria by which ranks the freelancers, what will be now taken into consideration regarding my rating?

Does their competely uncompetent rating on me will be of any value to UpWork or ignored like it should be?

[EDIT] They have absolutely NO CLUE of the work at hand. No knowledge nothing. How they can value me and how to avoid that?

Highlighted
Community Leader
7 of 60

I made allowance for them to change the rating. And asked them to. Because I dont deserve that 3.85. I deserve 5.0 because I did all that was asked and withing the deadlines for which they put actualy 2.0. Hilarious.

Can they make changes or I have to submit feedback so they can reaply it again? My question is to be clearer, can they change their feedback without me giving any feedback to them? Because I have every intention of giving them what they deserve, 1.0 and nice comment for future freelancers to be sure to avoid them.

I please for advice, hint and help. I cannot allow such people to put me down.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
8 of 60

Dusko A wrote:

Can they make changes or I have to submit feedback so they can reaply it again? My question is to be clearer, can they change their feedback without me giving any feedback to them?

If you can see their feedback it must be too late for you to leave feedback, either because you have already left feedback or because 14 days have passed.

If you have allowed them to change feedback, they can, but what makes you think they will?

Do you have your top rated perk available, because you'll need it to avoid dropping below 90%

Highlighted
Community Leader
9 of 60

They closed the contract today, and after allowing them to change the feedback, have no clue was it because of that or not, but I am able to see their rating left on the work I did.

Also I do have my top rating badge however what are the perks that I have? I have no clue about it. I had one work removed again because of completely unreasonable client who for 20$ took my soul out and requested things he event did not understood. So I used my joker on that one.

Highlighted
Community Leader
10 of 60

I have respond to feedback and to the request for escrow, went on that and later on I saw the rating they left, maybe it was because of escrow have no idea. But i did saw it.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS