Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Tragedy of a client instead 700$ they paid 50$ and now are asking for the 60$ in escrow !!!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
31 of 60

Dusko A wrote:

What should I do? I have 4-5 days before I need to react to their feedback, and I have every intent to do so.


Dusko, do nothing for the time being as far as feedback is concerned.

 

Personally, I would try to resolve the conflict with the client to see if the project can be completed. I would also push Upwork for the feedback  (public and private) on both sides to be deleted and npot counted because the double blind system failed.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Dusko A Member Since: May 12, 2017
32 of 60

The contract cannot be completed because it is already ended and it is impossible to resolve things with people who don't have knowledge, on which they can base their expectations, so they cannot understand really what I can change or do better. They canceled the project because renders were bad - and that was impossible - because I never did serious renders and no one ever told me to. They say repeatedly "their management told them to" - to close it. That is fine. What is not fine is their english, communication and way of working. We were still working on the car build and they went from step 1 suddenly to step 10. Really makes no sense at all.  

I found it appaling that in three or four ocassions it happened that althought I told them that in the next 8 hours I would be either sleeping or I am at work, they kept asking in meantime "is there any update?" ?! How it can have any update when only 8 hours before I told you that for the next 8 hours I won't be available? I am at loss at words as well to explain their way of communicating and understanding too. It's like they live on other planet. I tell them Ill be sleeping for 8 hours and I wake up to see they asked - is there any update... what am i, Supermen to sleep and work? It seems they thought I am or can be.  

The first time that happened , I knew I will have problems with them. And it happened. 

 

So what you say, is for me to wait for 3-4 days ? Because the other sentence where you said that I should (and I will most certainly do that) push the contract both publically and privately as not counted - can only happen only after I leave feedback on them. Should I leave feedback to them now and contact UpWork for removal of the contract? 

I apologize for the longevity of this, but I think we are almost finished.

 

[EDIT] What will happen with my profile? Should I expect anything or UpWork staff are just going to check and correct and all goes smooth without any change? I am asking because I rarely open emails, should I expect some message, email on behalf of this glitch or nothing? 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
33 of 60

Dusko A wrote:

 

So what you say, is for me to wait for 3-4 days ? Because the other sentence where you said that I should (and I will most certainly do that) push the contract both publically and privately as not counted - can only happen only after I leave feedback on them. Should I leave feedback to them now and contact UpWork for removal of the contract? 


Well, here is the rub, you know:

 

If you leave (honest) feedback for the client that feedback won't be great. Your client will see it, you have enabled the client to change feedback - that means they can change it down as well as up. This obviously won't matter if you use your perk and have it removed. It's all a bit of a mess.

 

The other issue is the fact that the JSS will update on Sunday, so you may want to take care of this today to prevent being below 90% and without your top rated badge for 2 weeks...

 

Is the dispute still running?

 

 

 

Highlighted
Community Leader
Dusko A Member Since: May 12, 2017
34 of 60

Okay so regardless of the issue with the glitch I am free to submit my review. I just wanted to be sure I play according UpWork best guidance for this glitch to be sorted, or anyhow if I may interefere with that to avoid. If you understood my point.

Speaking of the dispute, yes, I am yet about to give them a feedback and I will write honest one.

I just don't know should I deny the escrow request or allow it, those 291$ confuse me.
If i deny the request UpWork will review this dispute. Will they charge me 291$ for it or anytime afterwards or can I chose should they do so or it is automatically is what I am asking

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
35 of 60

Dusko A wrote:


I just don't know should I deny the escrow request or allow it, those 291$ confuse me.
If i deny the request UpWork will review this dispute. Will they charge me 291$ for it or anytime afterwards or can I chose should they do so or it is automatically is what I am asking


If you reject the request to return the escrow funds, a dispute will start. There will be an Upwork mediator to try and get some mutually acceptable solution (It is also possible that the client will not respond to the dispute, in which case the escrow funds go to you anyway.

 

ONLY if, at the end of the mediation phase, no consensus can be reached, will there even be an OPTION of going to arbitration at $ 291 - It will almost certainly not go that far so you have nothing to lose by carrying on with the dispute right now.

 

Highlighted
Community Leader
Dusko A Member Since: May 12, 2017
36 of 60

They came running on me, since they were both with whom I contacted on Skype (I know that every conversation out of UpWork is not considered , I just want know weather or not this is okay)

The conversation mainly was done on Skype with **Edited for Community Guidelines** who made the contract while on Skype there was another guy too named **Edited for Community Guidelines** who never replied no matter If I wrote a question or instruction so I can deliver the work better.

Now once I wrote what I wrote, they come running asking me to change the rating so I can get the 60 bucks. I am not really bothered about 60 bucks, I will still ask them to be transfered to me, but it is more about principles and the fact they were completely outrageous to work for.

Talking to **Edited for Community Guidelines**, he blocked me after short arrogant speech of his side. "You filed for dispute, nice" , "you change your rating on us and you get 60 bucks" , " do you want the 60 bucks?" kept saying with arrogance. I of course told him my side that it is done and dust. He blocked me when I tried to reason with him once more.

I trashed the contract, anyway they put 1 on me. Hilarious. Nevermind, later in the night came the other guy who never wrote a single thing "Hey bro, if you want the 60 bucks change the rating"

 

For those silly 60 bucks I did a 3D model worth 400$ the very least:

1st) They say they got nothing and it's true - I never send to them any 3D model because they never asked for it

2nd) Even if they did, few images were all they were gonna get for those money

In my view, I earned those 60 bucks and I don't have to do anything anymore.

However in the dispute on UpWork it said that it should be resolved between client and freelancer.

Now I am asking: they ask of me to change their rating so to get these 60 bucks and to finish with the dispute. What should I do? How to act? I am 2 years and 3 months on UpWork, I had never a dispute with anyone and I don't really know how to act on this. What is right what is wrong.

 

 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
37 of 60

Dusko A wrote:


Now I am asking: they ask of me to change their rating so to get these 60 bucks and to finish with the dispute. What should I do? How to act? I am 2 years and 3 months on UpWork, I had never a dispute with anyone and I don't really know how to act on this. What is right what is wrong.


1) STOP arguing with those people. Take screenshots of the "We will pay you 60 if you change your rating" because that is feedback extortion and a violation of the terms of service. REPORT THEM! Upwork *WILL* take screenshots into account.

 

2) Have you requested the feedback to be removed yet (using your perk?)  DO IT! Just saw it has been removed. Great.

 

3) Carry on the dispute.

 

 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer R Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
38 of 60

Petra R wrote:

Dusko A wrote:


Now I am asking: they ask of me to change their rating so to get these 60 bucks and to finish with the dispute. What should I do? How to act? I am 2 years and 3 months on UpWork, I had never a dispute with anyone and I don't really know how to act on this. What is right what is wrong.


1) STOP arguing with those people. Take screenshots of the "We will pay you 60 if you change your rating" because that is feedback extortion and a violation of the terms of service. REPORT THEM! Upwork *WILL* take screenshots into account.

 

2) Have you requested the feedback to be removed yet (using your perk?)  DO IT! Just saw it has been removed. Great.

 

3) Carry on the dispute.

 

 


The feedback is still visible on the job page.

Highlighted
Moderator
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
39 of 60

Hi Dusko,

 

Could you please send me a PM with the screenshots where the Client is asking you to change your rating in order to get paid and I'll send a report to the team for investigation?

 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Leader
Dusko A Member Since: May 12, 2017
40 of 60

Yes sure,

Just to finish one message I am about to sent to him, you will have the whole short conversation

I can send you printscreen and also give you access to my skype if required so you can verify the conversation is authentic and original too.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS