cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction is due and has not been paid

pavel_veinik
Pavel V Member Since: Jul 8, 2014
1 of 14
Hi. I earned some money and I wanted to withdraw them to my paypal account. I withdrew $10 + $1 withdrawal fee. But I got a notification "Your payment could not be processed". In the list of all transactions withdrawal fee is marked as "Transaction is due and has not been paid". What does it mean? Will the transaction be processed later? Should I initiate another transaction?
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 14
Hi Pavel, I am sorry for the troubles you are having receiving your funds. Please contact Customer Support, so they are able to help you with your particular financial issue. I hope it gets resolved soon.
~ Valeria
Upwork
minnie23
Minalyn B Member Since: Aug 8, 2015
3 of 14

Hi Valeria - I am getting the same notification. Can you please help or let me know what this means? Thanks.

Reference ID

Thanks,

Mina

j1jinky
Jinky S Member Since: Jul 28, 2015
4 of 14

Hi Valeria!

I am having the same problem right now. I have already contacted customer support but no reply yet. 

Can you help me with this issue?

Thanks.

Jinky

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
5 of 14

@Jinky S wrote:

Hi Valeria!

I am having the same problem right now. I have already contacted customer support but no reply yet. 

Can you help me with this issue?

Thanks.

Jinky

Were you trying to withdraw to Paypal?

If so, check this thread: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/YOUR-PAYMENT-REQUEST-WAS-RETURNED/m-p/208362#U208362

pranvera
Pranvera H Member Since: Jun 28, 2016
6 of 14

Had the same problem and this is quite frustrating. Could you explain why this happens, and did you resolved this same issue for others?

Thanks

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
7 of 14

Hi Pranvera, 

There is a known issue with withdrawing to Paypal and the team is investigating this further. We will let you know once we get an update. 

~ Avery
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
8 of 14

re: "There is a known issue with withdrawing to Paypal and the team is investigating this further."

Just making a general observation:

This is far from the first time I have seen issues with PayPal reported here.

I don't think this is entirely Upwork's fault.

PayPal can be very useful, and I'm certain many people are glad that it is a payment withdrawal option.

But I am always glad that I don't need to use it to withdraw my money, because it seems like such a precarious, capricious service.

And then there are the fees.

I'm very glad that I have the option to withdraw money from Upwork with zero fees directly to my bank account.

PayPal CAN and DOES block users' access to their funds. And it can reverse transactions and do all kinds of crazy things at times.

My bank account doesn't do anything like that. Anybody who has the option to withdraw directly to a bank account with no fees should definitely choose to do so rather than using PayPal or other options.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
9 of 14

@Preston H wrote:

Anybody who has the option to withdraw directly to a bank account with no fees should definitely choose to do so rather than using PayPal or other options.

There is a wide range of withdrawal options for a reason. People have all manner of valid reasons for choosing whatever withdrawal method suits their own purposes.

Just as your choice to withdraw to your bank account is valid, the reasons others have for using a variety of methods are JUST as valid. 

It is not up to you to decide what others "should definitely do" with THEIR money....

erlenitaantonio
Erlenita A Member Since: Jun 29, 2016
10 of 14

Hi Pranvera, did they resolved your issue already?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS