🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Transfer freelancer connects from one profile...
Page options
michaelford2019
Community Member

Transfer freelancer connects from one profile to another

Hello,

How can I transfer my connects to another freelancer?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Michael, transferring of Connects from one account to another isn't something we currently offer. It's neither possible through the site nor through customer support. If it ever becomes a feature, we'll make sure to announce it.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

49 REPLIES 49
petra_r
Community Member

Michael F wrote:

How can I transfer my connects to another freelancer?

You can't.

Hello Petra, thanks for the response.

According to the Freelancer Membership Agreement, there isn't anything saying the transfer of connects is prohibited.

https://www.upwork.com/legal#freelancer-membership-policy

Do you know of another policy that explicitly states, that the transfer of connects is prohibited?

And If I am not able to do it as a user of the platform, can an admin or back-office rep help me make the transfer?

Michael F wrote:

Hello Petra, thanks for the response.

According to the Freelancer Membership Agreement, there isn't anything saying the transfer of connects is prohibited.

Do you know of another policy that explicitly states, that the transfer of connects is prohibited?

And If I am not able to do it as a user of the platform, can an admin or back-office rep help me make the transfer?

You might be right, it might not be prohibited but they don't have a way to do it, so it is, by default, prohibited.  

Hi Mark,

Is this something UpWork could look into? I would love it if this could be a feature.

Michael F wrote:

There is nothing in the terms of service to say that the transfer of lilac unicorns is prohibited. That does not mean that there is a function on Upwork that allows me to transfer 7 lilac unicorns to you.

Michael F wrote:

No. They can't and they won't.

And why would you want to "transfer" connects to another profile anyway?

I'm sure you don't mean to sound condescending or be disrespectful with your responses Petra.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll follow up with customer support.

And thanks Mark for your response as well sir.

Michael F wrote:

I'm sure you don't mean to sound condescending or be disrespectful with your responses Petra.

Why was she condescending and/or disrespectful and I wasn't?  I am honestly curious because I was going for sarcastic for sure as I am sure she was (her first answer was just honest and you didn't take it).

Mark F wrote:

Michael F wrote:

Why was she condescending and/or disrespectful and I wasn't?  I am honestly curious because I was going for sarcastic for sure as I am sure she was (her first answer was just honest and you didn't take it).

You didn't mention unicorns. Next time, you know. 

petra_r
Community Member

Mark F wrote:

Michael F wrote:

Maybe the lilac unicorns were a step too far?

fb874d996f9950c39a1ee624f792221b

Hi Michael, transferring of Connects from one account to another isn't something we currently offer. It's neither possible through the site nor through customer support. If it ever becomes a feature, we'll make sure to announce it.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you Bojan, I appreciate the response!

c_weerts
Community Member

It should be possible to transfer connects, now if I cant use them anymore they go to waste, your just stealing my money that way. Very bad service

I also think transferring connects is a good idea for variety of reasons. Not to mention that all parties will win from that. Think about it, when I dont need to apply, the connects will not be wasted. Somebody (an aspiring freelancer) will benefit from them - some solidarity is good from time to time. The clients wont lose anything, of course the Upwork will not take petty dollars but .... I think that is a good strategy in the long run. 

I agree!...like me, i am from Philippines, and still looking for a job. Pandemic time so hard 😞 and wishing to get back online work but i dont have any pennies to put money for a bank transaction for my connects, i just wish that my friends could trasfer connects for me 😞

Hi Leah,

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. However, transferring Connects is not possible, but I'll share your feedback with the rest of our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello, Please add transfer connect feature in Upwork. Its good for all the users. 

As a moderator, I think you guys should seriously review responses from other common "contributors" in this community. 

Responses from those are often rude, condecending, and I am not sure if they make a living out of it but they reply to everyone in the same way. Moreover, moderators quite often don't take any type of feedback like this... Upwork is an amazing workplace to share knowledge and skills. The community, as it belongs to Upwork, should also be setting the example. 

Hi Juan,

Thank you for following up and sharing your feedback about Upwork Community with us. If you feel like a specific post violates the Community Guidelines, feel free to flag it as inappropriate and our team of moderators will review it. We often have to moderate threads and remove or edit replies that go too far off topic, don't add value to a conversation or are written in a tone that is not appropriate for this Community. I'd also like to note that Community Members who represent Upwork will have Upwork logo showing on their posts. Generally, we find that majority of regular Community members readily provide valuable advice, opinions and answers to most questions posted in the Community. They don't necessarily agree with each other or use the same tone or style when they write their posts, but that's part of what makes this Community what it is.

~ Bojan
Upwork
kyle-rath
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

Do you think this is a feature UpWork could look into? I.e. transferring connects? I would love to be able to do this. 

Hi Kyle,

Please know that transferring of Connects from one account to another isn't something we currently offer. It's neither possible through the site nor through customer support. If it ever becomes a feature, we'll make sure to announce it.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thank you.

Hi,

It's been 3 years. Is there any update on this?

Thank you.

Hi Jewel,

Please know that transferring Connects from one account to another isn't something we currently offer. It's neither possible through the site nor through customer support. If it ever becomes a feature, we'll make sure to announce it.

~ Nikola
Upwork
sveshalll
Community Member

Hello Bojan,

Is it still impossible to transfer connects from one freelance account to another freelancer? 

Hi Svetoslava,

That's right, transferring Connects between freelancer accounts is not possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
5f692a38
Community Member

hi Bojan,

Did you have any update for the Transfer freelancer connects from one profile to another?

There isn't any way to do this. 

yofazza
Community Member

It will open up a whole new "market" (with quotes) for connects. The spam-job-post-for-connects thing will be nothing compared to what will happen if there's a way to actually transfer connects. So I think it will never happen.

a5579bfa
Community Member

This not yet available? Transfering

Michael F wrote:

What makes you so sure?

Hi Martina, I was under the impression the Upwork Community was a professional space to ask questions and get help. My first time posting a question, I don't expect those kinds of responses. Especially from people with a title like "Community Guru".

I don't think that was the intent of the creators of this community... 

Michael F wrote:

Hi Martina, I was under the impression the Upwork Community was a professional space to ask questions and get help. 

It's a space where you get to interact with fellow Upwork users. It's not Customer Support and that's a good thing because you get it straight from people who aren't paid to toe the party line, just other Upwork users.

I don't think my responses to you were disrespectful, I tried to inject some humour which clearly went straight over your head.

You asked a question, you got an answer.

You then came back demanding to be shown where in the terms it said that transferring connects is "prohibited" when nobody had said anything about it being "prohibited" - just that it's not possible.

So I used the unicorns to demonstrate the point.

At which point you got all offended... Who gets offended over unicorns?

With all due respect, I can assure you, when I mean to be disrespectful, you'll know.

You win 😃 And gave you some kudos!

Michael F wrote:

Hi Martina, I was under the impression the Upwork Community was a professional space to ask questions and get help. My first time posting a question, I don't expect those kinds of responses. Especially from people with a title like "Community Guru".

I don't think that was the intent of the creators of this community... 

You got an answer in 4 minutes and it was same answer UW eventually gave you but then you went on some irrelevant tangent because you implied that just because something isn't specifically prohibited means that it is possible.  You don't see why someone might make fun of you for that???

Anyway, you got an answer in 4 minutes, try that anywhere else and see how you results are.

petra - are you really a community guru? your answers are rude. Someone like me who has retired might want to give my connects to a young designer. I have 119 connects that I will never use. Is Upwork so hard up that they would not allow a transfer?

Kendall W wrote:

petra - are you really a community guru? your answers are rude. Someone like me who has retired might want to give my connects to a young designer. I have 119 connects that I will never use. Is Upwork so hard up that they would not allow a transfer?

The is this thing called intercultural differences. Sometimes a short and direct answer is the easiest since most Upwork users are ESL.

If you feel the need to suport young designers, the best way to do it on Upwork is stop being competition. Upwork will not allow you to transfer your connects to another account just I am not allowed to transfer my 280 connects to someones elses account.

Since somebody brought this thread up again...

Yes, there are legitimate reasons to allow transfer of connects. But aside from the facts that it will open up new "market" and "mining" businesses (we WILL see people on Facebook etc. selling connects on a discounted price), most likely Upwork will also need a new set of permits.

We see that we can't even "transfer"  money from freelancer's to client account. This might be related. I've seen similar internet-based businesses took a long time before they can (or allowed to) transfer money between different "e-money accounts" even for the same user.

So forget it. To get the permits is probably not simple, and it will bring a whole new headache to keep everything run smoothly. There are things "more important" in their "priority list", the freelancers' convenience is not one of them.

45f882de
Community Member

Hello

according to up work police you can't share connect s

garudcyberwing
Community Member

" Yes this feature will provide efficiency in using shared connects & also benefited to entire upwork community. "

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths