🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Transfer freelancer connects from one profile...
Page options
michaelford2019
Community Member

Transfer freelancer connects from one profile to another

Hello,

How can I transfer my connects to another freelancer?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Michael, transferring of Connects from one account to another isn't something we currently offer. It's neither possible through the site nor through customer support. If it ever becomes a feature, we'll make sure to announce it.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

49 REPLIES 49
albertoqueiroz
Community Member

Adding my two cents to the popular request: tranferring connects would definitely be a very welcome improvement to the platform. 

"Why would you want to do that?"

For the same reason I tell my friends about Upwork tips and tricks I know. Because helping others is a good thing.

I know several freelancers on my Upwork network are actively submitting applications. I'm not and haven't in over a year. I have 185 unused connects that are soon due to expire. It stands to reason there should be a way to pass them on.

Guys, when Upwork prompts you to tell what, if anything, you'd recommend changing about their platform, don't just talk about the 20%. That's never going to change. But do mention this connects transfer thing. We already got networks and inter-freelancer chats -- getting connect tranfers would be a logical next step.

moonraker
Community Member

This would be wide open to abuse. Whenever there's anything that can be used as currency - people WILL find a way to benefit by gaming the system. Especially considering how many gullible freelancers there are ripe for picking.

It's also easy to imagine the forums being flooded with people begging for connects.

deunlimited
Community Member

Hopefully, Upwork really considers this feature. 

e16012af
Community Member

Hello,

Is transferring connects still not possible? If yes, why doesn't Upwork care about its users' requests?

I saw that people have been requesting it since 2020 in this forum. I am pretty sure there are more people who want to transfer their connects.

I don't use Upwork nowadays because I am busy with other things but I would like to transfer my connects to my friend who is paying her bills with Upwork jobs. If Upwork doesn't make this possible soon, they will lose a lot of freelancers as there are many freelancer platforms nowadays. The time is too good to teach a lesson to companies that don't listen to their customers!!!

Agreed with you

a7c6f370
Community Member

There's no feature like that. I wish upwork can come up with some feature like that.

It's never going to happen, because then people would start new accounts under fake names to get free connects, and transfer the connects to themselves. There are too many people who are gaming this already. If you need more connects, you have to buy them.

That's Very true,

But I think they can eligible those Verified User with this benefit.

45f882de
Community Member

Hello Now a days up work not offer connect sharing

805dc688
Community Member

Is this happening now in 2023?

it would be awesome!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members