🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Transfer upwork money to another person i...
Page options
kalai006
Community Member

Transfer upwork money to another person in US

I am in Oman. I want to send my upwork earnings to another person who is in US. how can i proceed. that. i want my default payment method as his account. I dont want to proceed through paypal or pioneer. Is there any other easiest method is there for money transfer. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Here is how you can set up your Upwork payment withdrawal method to be a U.S.-based account that currently belongs to another person:

Work with the bank to set up YOU as a full, named beneficiary on that account. Use your legal name, the same name that you use for your Upwork account.

Then you can easily withdraw money from your Upwork earnings to that account.

ALTERNATIVELY: You can withdraw your earnings to any account, such as Payoneer or PayPal, and then use THAT account to transfer funds directly to another person in the U.S.

ALTERNATIVELY:
You can set up an entirely new U.S.-based bank account and use it to withdraw funds (with ZERO FEES) using ACH account transfer, using Wise.com:

https://wise.com/us/blog/open-a-us-bank-account-non-resident

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

Here is how you can set up your Upwork payment withdrawal method to be a U.S.-based account that currently belongs to another person:

Work with the bank to set up YOU as a full, named beneficiary on that account. Use your legal name, the same name that you use for your Upwork account.

Then you can easily withdraw money from your Upwork earnings to that account.

ALTERNATIVELY: You can withdraw your earnings to any account, such as Payoneer or PayPal, and then use THAT account to transfer funds directly to another person in the U.S.

ALTERNATIVELY:
You can set up an entirely new U.S.-based bank account and use it to withdraw funds (with ZERO FEES) using ACH account transfer, using Wise.com:

https://wise.com/us/blog/open-a-us-bank-account-non-resident

hI Preston,

I live in Oman. in upwork i have the option to include only US bank accounts or paypal or pioneer account. If i open wise account, how could i connect with upwork with the option..I have the following options only in the upwork.

1.Paypal

2.Pioneer

3.Wire transfer

4.Direct bank transfer

If you open a U.S.-based checking account through Wise then you should be able to use ACH transfer. That is a "direct bank transfer."

Upwork doesn't care if the direct bank transfer is used to withdraw money to "Wise.com" or "Bank of America" or "CitiBank."

If it works, it works.

Other non-U.S. based Upwork users have reported success in setting up accounts with Wise.com (former "TransferWise") and withdrawing their Upwork earnings to that bank account.

tlbp
Community Member

Upwork is not permitted to send money to anyone other than you. You must  withdrway the money from Upwork then transfer it using legitimate banking/transfer channels. International and US anti-money laundering and know  your customer laws prohibit businesses that aren't banks or otherwise registered to transfer funds from facilitating transfers between individuals. Sorry. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths