🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Transferred amount not arrived at my local ba...
Page options
js-aficionado
Community Member

Transferred amount not arrived at my local bank account

6 days have gone by since transfer to my local bank was processed (on December 25). Transferred amount has not yet been reflected in my account balance. I suspect that the delay is due to any of these 2 reasons:

1. On my upwork profile, my second name is "KC", while the second name on my bank account is "Kc". Does the case of letters in my name really matter?

2. The phone number in my bank profile is different from the one I entered when I filled up bank detail form on upwork. Do they have to match?

I overheard someone claiming to have received the fund within 8 hours of upwork processing. I am afraid I have lost my money.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Be patient. Holidays could have caused delay.

re: "I overheard someone claiming to have received the fund within 8 hours of upwork processing."

Congratulations to them. That isn't true for most of us.

re: "I am afraid I have lost my money."

You have not lost your money. It will be in your withdrawal account soon. If the transfer actually fails, it goes back into your Upwork account.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
prestonhunter
Community Member

Be patient. Holidays could have caused delay.

re: "I overheard someone claiming to have received the fund within 8 hours of upwork processing."

Congratulations to them. That isn't true for most of us.

re: "I am afraid I have lost my money."

You have not lost your money. It will be in your withdrawal account soon. If the transfer actually fails, it goes back into your Upwork account.

That is truly reassuring. I didn not know holidays can cause delay!

Hi Umesh, 

You may refer to this help article for more information about payment delays during the holidays. 

I checked the transaction you are referring to and can confirm that the transaction was successful on our end. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, you can come back here, and our team will assist you further.

In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timings and Fees.

~ Avery
Upwork

Thanks for great reply XD

jbastero5
Community Member

Since January, money transferred to my local bank was not a problem. But the transfer which was suppose to happen on March 24, 2021 didn't happen. THeir email said I may need to wait till March 29... Nothing. I checked with my bank- nothing from their end... 8 Business days, you say? I guess I have no choice but to wait then, Thanks Avery!

In my case, they made me wait for 10 days (actually 13 days including bank holidays). I did wait, but nothing happened. Then they asked for my bank statement showing all the transactions since the day of the transfer. I gave them just that, confirming that I indeed hadn't received the payment. Finally they sent a trace for the transaction, and told me that my bank rejected my payment. A day or so later, the money appeared in my upwork account.

Too unfortunate that things like this are commonplace.

I prefer payoneer to local bank withdrawal.

TYSM for your response. I sure hope this isn't the case. Kindly post the
link
where I can SEND a screenshot of the 'missing' transaction. Thank you!

Hi Joshua,

Are you having issues with your withdrawal? Could you please share more information so I can check this for you?

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello,

No- the withdrawal isn't the issue- the money hasn't 'arrived' in my bank
account
LIKE IT USUALLY DOES like clockwork, since January of this year.

The transfer in question is dated March 24...

TYSM for your help!

Hi Joshua,

I checked, and it looks like you withdrew your funds via Direct to Local Bank. For Direct to Local Bank transfer, payments take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if after 8 business the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. You might want to check the following help articles for more information:

Direct to Local Bank

Direct to Local Bank Fees and Timing

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thanks so much for looking into this.

Yes- it auto withdraws it. Then after an hour, it shows up in my bank
account-
It's been like this since January... except for last March 24. Still
nothing till now.

Getting a bit frustrated because TODAY, my latest auto 'withdrawal' has
been made.
I'm hoping it goes in and triggers last week's withdrawal as well...
Fingers crossed.

Will keep you posted. Thanks!

UPdate:

My latest auto withdrawal, March 31- made it! Now if the March 24 withdrawal PLEASE SHOW UP! 🙂 

So the withdrawal was intiated March 24. Today is April 5. So it's been 5 business days? Still nothing... any help will be much appreciated. TIA

Hello Joshua,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members