cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring data from Elance to Upwork

draceadan
Active

I had not used Elance much; however, I want to start using UpWork more. And there is a problem I wish to address here. 

On Elance, I had a client. Unfortunately, I did a poor job - the client giving me a 2.5 out of 5.

In order to complete my profile, I would have to click that button that says it will transfer my work history.

Will Upwork transfer my poor grade? If it does, what can I do?   

Best, 

Dan! 

10 REPLIES 10
vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dan,

Yes, if you choose to merge your Elance account to your Upwork account, your full work history will be transferred. If you don't want to transfer your reputation to Upwork, you can just keep using your existing account.

Untitled

I've just pressed 'add work history' and nothing happened. 

How do I complete my profile? Make it 100%? 

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dan-Adrian,

You are referring to the option to complete your Upwork profile and not merge your Elance account? If it's the former, using that link will not transfer your Elance history to Upwork. It takes a while for the profile to update and register the most recent changes, but in the meantime I'd advise you to focus your profile title further by adding your exact area of expertise.

Untitled

Okay. So you suggest I start bidding on jobs right now, even though my profile is incomplete? 

Thanks

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dan-Adrian,

Your profile is complete and clients can see all the information you included in it. Your profile completeness percentage will update shortly to reflect the changes you've just made.

Untitled

But I do not want my work history be transferred. 

When I first switched to Upwork, my test results were not transferred. 😛 

Test results and overview aren't transferred. I had to take a couple tests again.

Dan-Adrian,

Your Elance Work History hasn't been transferred and it won't be unless you log back into your Elance account and click the link to merge your account.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Dan,

I am surprised that the moderators have not already checked you on this, but academic cheating is against Upwork's Terms of Service. You may not offer to do students' course work for them, whether they are still at school or at university.

It is also against the rules and regulations of any academic body in the world. So you should take this particular "skill" out of your profile.

I did not know that. I will change it first thing in the morning. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS