🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Transgender Name Change
Page options
palkoark
Community Member

Transgender Name Change

Hello! I'm a freelancer on Upwork who currently is living by my legal name (Ethan W). I'm a transgender woman and I have not had this legally updated and I'd like to have it changed on Upwork to Olive W.  if possible. I've tried clicking on the "Get Help" button to talk to someone on Upwork support but it doesn't seem to work so I hope an Upwork moderator can let me know on here how to change it. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hello Olive,

You can update your preferred name on your profile from the profile settings page and our team may reach out to you if they would need to seek clarification on your request. 

Freelancers can use their preferred names as their profile name that may be different from their legal verified name, please see this help article for more information. Please note that your verified legal name will still be seen on your invoices and in the Contract rooms.

Thank you. 

Pradeep H.

Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PradeepH

Hello Olive,

You can update your preferred name on your profile from the profile settings page and our team may reach out to you if they would need to seek clarification on your request. 

Freelancers can use their preferred names as their profile name that may be different from their legal verified name, please see this help article for more information. Please note that your verified legal name will still be seen on your invoices and in the Contract rooms.

Thank you. 

Pradeep H.

Upwork

Thanks!

Community Member

Hi! I'm a transgender freelancer too and my account name is not matching my beneficiary name, can someone please reach out to me to solve this issue?

Hi Safira,

Yes, they can! I've let the team know about this and they'll be reaching out to you directly via support ticket in order to assist.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members