🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Travelling Internationally
Page options
bkppacheco
Community Member

Travelling Internationally

I'm currently living here in US and going to travel to South east asia region for vacation for about 5mos. I currently have on going clients and want to know if I would still be able to work outside US. 
Will upwork also lock my account for being in another region? 
Is there anything I should be concerned about? Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
JoanneP

Hi Brent,

If you are travelling and are away from your country of residence temporarily,  you don’t need to update your location. If it does raise any flags on our end, the team will reach out to you directly.  If however, you are going to be away for an extended period, such as moving some place, then you should make updates to your account location. Also, it's recommended that you check with a legal adviser if you need a certain type of visa or a work permit to be able to work on Upwork while travelling.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi, if I'm gonna be away temporarily for 5mos do I still need to update my location? And would updating my current location prevent me from working for my existing clients?

Hi Brent,

If you are going to be travelling temporarily,  you don’t need to update your location and you can continue working on your contracts. If it does raise any flags on our end, our team will reach out to you directly. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members