🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Travelling to another country. Had a few ques...
Page options
9fc7a46a
Community Member

Travelling to another country. Had a few questions.

Hey everyone! I will be traveling to another country on vacation for 2-3 months, should I change the location on my Upwork account or is it okay to leave it as it is? Due to the Timezone changes, I want to ensure that I am not breaking any rules.

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Abdullah,

Thank you for your message. Since the move is temporary, you do not need to update your location unless you are planning to extend your stay further for a longer duration.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
luqman_mak
Community Member

Hey, i posted a smiliar question a about a week ago and i was told that you should leave it as it is unless you are moving to a new country.
Here is the post with a response from a Mod;
https://community.upwork.com/t5/Support/Travelling-while-freelancing/m-p/1114032#M40713

PradeepH

Hi Abdullah,

Thank you for your message. Since the move is temporary, you do not need to update your location unless you are planning to extend your stay further for a longer duration.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Great, thanks for the clarification! Also, could you let me know if I can use a VPN while using Upwork abroad? As I will need the VPN due to internet restrictions

Hi Abdullah,

Thank you for the follow up message. You can use a VPN while using Upwork. If it does raise any flags on our end, the team will reach out to you directly. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you so much for the clarification! 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths