cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble Raising Score / Where do I see feedback?

amandamcmillin
Amanda M Member Since: Dec 19, 2016
1 of 4

I have slews of five star ratings. Why is my job sucess only at 76%? Are there private ratings that I can't see?

Jobs aren't coming as easily as they used to and I'm wondering how much this is affecting things.

goldenseal
Community Leader
Joshua T Member Since: Apr 18, 2016
2 of 4

There sure are private ratings! When closing out a job, a client is asked how likely they are to recommend you on a scale from 1-10. Anything less than an 8 affects your JSS negatively (the client does not know this).

You'd better believe that 76% is affecting your ability to land jobs.

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
3 of 4

@Amanda M wrote:

I have slews of five star ratings. Why is my job sucess only at 76%? Are there private ratings that I can't see?

Jobs aren't coming as easily as they used to and I'm wondering how much this is affecting things.

Amanda, sorry to hear this but it's very likely 76% job success is lowering your chances of being hired, and there is indeed a private feedback score that freelancers cannot view. If you go to your My Stats page, the percentage of clients who would recommend you is your overall private rating, more or less. I know this is strange but clients sometimes will leave a 5 star public rating combined with a much lower private rating.. Some other factors that influence Job Success are percentage of long term clients, and the number of closed jobs with no feedback, which can harm Job Success more than low feedback.

Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
4 of 4

You have two recent jobs with a rate <= 4. If those two clients said that they don't recommend you, this added to the star rating may have hit your JSS.

Also, and unfortunately, you are on the lower side of the rates in your category, this is where the worst clients live. They aren't known for valuing their contractors...

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS