cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble getting back into the Swing of things

Katrina F Member Since: Nov 28, 2014
1 of 3

Okay, so I had to take some time off as of the last year to raise my daughter and now I am trying to get back into the swing of things and no one will hire me .. this is so frustrating ... I need some reliable clients 

Community Guru
Manish A Member Since: Nov 4, 2014
2 of 3

Hey Katrina,

Welcome back to oDesk! We all co-workers are with you, need not to be dishearten.

Believe in yourself, you had been courageous.

Ace Contributor
Susan B Member Since: Mar 28, 2009
3 of 3

I don't have much insight, but I can tell you that I was off of oDesk for almost 3 years and since then have had months I take off for brick & mortar work.

I played the initial oDesk game of bargaining on my rate and doing what it took to get feedback. But I found when I returned, I was actually able to pick back up where I left off - at my full rate, no games.

I did update my portfolio with brick & mortar work samples (and one personal project) I had done in my time off of oDesk so it was fresh and new to people who were looking. Also rewrote some of my profile information and changed my profile pic.

I can't see your full profile due to the mess they made of these boards, but it looks like you have plenty of work and decent feedback. If you haven't freshened it up - do so. And yep, just keep applying.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS