Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble landing new jobs - lack of quality clients

Highlighted
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
11 of 12

I've bumped this thread, asking for the third time the questions about the mysterious new experience level.

Highlighted
Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
12 of 12

I checked my search profile and I'm classified as an expert (although I've never set this myself). The problem arises when I  checked under intermediate. I don't show up.

This means I'm knocked out of a lot of potential jobs. A lot of times I have applied for jobs where the posted preferred payrate was intermediate and was hired.

If someone is looking for an intermediate payrate (whatever that means), then I am automatically knocked out of the search. I think more clients would be searching for intermediate payrates than expert payrates (even if they're willing to pay my rate). Maybe this is why I don't get many invites.

I looked at the payrates of the other "experts" in editing and they range from $10.00 up to $30.00. At least the ones I looked at. I then took a look at the rates for the "intermediate" editors and the range was the same--$10.00 to $30.00. So I don't know how Upwork is classifying people as experts etc. Particularly, since the expert button states that the expert level is for clients who are willing to pay higher rates.

The other question I have is about the "Skills associated with David Gregory" that shows up at the bottom of the search page. Apparently, I am also an expert with Wordpress, SEO, SEO keyword research, transcription and a whole host of writing styles. I can accept that I'm rated as having writing skills because I have done those jobs but only when the subject matter seems interesting, but I have no idea about SEO, transcription or Wordpress.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS