🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Trouble sharing a google doc link in messages
Page options
mhpags
Community Member

Trouble sharing a google doc link in messages

I have been trying to share a google docs link with a client, but for some reason when I try to in  messages the link deactivates and says "Sorry, unable to open the file at this time." I did this last week with no problems, but not now. Any ideas?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marcus, 

Could you please try basic troubleshooting steps such as clearing your browser's cookies or using a different browser to see if the issue persists? 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marcus, 

Could you please try basic troubleshooting steps such as clearing your browser's cookies or using a different browser to see if the issue persists? 

~ Avery
Upwork
mhpags
Community Member

A different browser worked! Thanks so much!

mhpags
Community Member

So the problem is back, and I've tried clearing cookies and a different browser. Any ideas? 

Hi Marcus,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
dannyk1982
Community Member

Did you ever get this figured out? I've been having the same issue for about a week and a half now. I can't open Google Doc links that were sent through Upwork. I've tried 3 different browsers and cleared cache and cookies multiple times. I tried different computers and on my phone. No luck. Links shared through email work just fine. 

So if I copy the link from the top of the page and not the share button,
that seems to work perfectly. Not sure why, but I haven't had to switch
browsers since doing that.
Hope that helps!

Hi Daniela,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing trouble with this. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I have had the same problem for the last two days with the same solutions not working and switched to the new and improved messages version and it cleared it up.

wolfediting101
Community Member

Both Sunday and today new links (from two different clients) sent to me in messages lead to "Page Not Found." "Sorry, unable to open the file at this time." messages. I tried clearing my cache, I tried in a different browser, nada.

Hi Brenda, 

I'm currently looking into this. In the meantime, does clearing your browser's cookies or using a different browser resolve the issue for you? 

~ Avery
Upwork

No, it did not. Changing to the "new and improved messaging" cleared it up, however. 

That's good to know, Brenda!

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members