🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Troubleshooting connecting to an old account
Page options
bcf74fab
Community Member

Troubleshooting connecting to an old account

Hi,

I have a friend that created an account on Upwork, but unfortunately it was suspended and has no longer access to it.
If he tries to create another one with the same email, it tells him that there is another account with this email.
Howerver, when he tries to log in with that email, it tells him that the username is incorrect.
He tried to reach you via his email several times, but unfortunately, he has not got any responses.
He created two other accounts with his two other personal emails, and each time his account got to be suspended.
The reason that his accounts had been suspended is that he couldn't verify his address due to lack of personal details.
Now, after having a permanent adress and a legal status, he is able to verify his adress.
Please, is there any solution in order to give him back one of his accounts (he was paid by a client on one of them, but he couldn't withdraw the money), or at least delete the three accounts so that he could create a new one with one his personal emails.
The three emails that had been used to create the accounts are as follows:
**Edited for Community Guidelines**
He sent you several emails via his first email.
I am looking forward to either hearing from you, or replying to him directly via the emails he sent you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Oussema,

Please note that for privacy reasons, we cannot share information about another’s user’s account which we hope you understand. If possible please ask them to contact us directly on any social media they prefer and we will be happy to help.

Please know that sharing account information and having multiple accounts is a serious violation of the Upwork Terms of Service.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Oussema F wrote:

Please, is there any solution in order to give him back one of his accounts or at least delete the three accounts so that he could create a new one with one his personal emails.

You seem to misunderstand what it means when a freelancer is suspended. It means that he is not allowed to work on the platform. Not with the original account, not with a new account, not with any account, ever. Upwork suspended him with his original account, and then he added two further serious violations of the terms of service by creating more accounts...

I would like to see Upwork place month-long account suspensions on freelancers who ask for help on behalf of their friend's accounts.

Although I say this realizing that many of you will strongly disagree with me and say that a month is not nearly long enough.

NikolaS

Hi Oussema,

Please note that for privacy reasons, we cannot share information about another’s user’s account which we hope you understand. If possible please ask them to contact us directly on any social media they prefer and we will be happy to help.

Please know that sharing account information and having multiple accounts is a serious violation of the Upwork Terms of Service.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members