🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Truly unhappy with this service (
Page options
gbr000
Community Member

Truly unhappy with this service (

I didn't received my money yet and still believe it's absurd how much is paid to upwork almost 50% of my money besides this ridiculous 1€ for withdrawal and still need to wait. Totally ridiculous since my bank doesn't cover any fee for receiving money externally BESIDES I got a lot of clients who CHEAT and try everything possible to foolish my job
2 REPLIES 2
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gabriel,

I checked the transaction you are referring to and can confirm that it was successful from our end. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions are processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, you can come back here, and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timings and Fees.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your profile photo needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. Please check this help article for more information on how to update your profile photo.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
kinector
Community Member

Just trying to provide evidence of the complete opposite.

I've never had a contract with a cheater. 6 years since my first contract over here (then Elance).

It doesn't take long to spot scammers. And no platform can eradicate all of them.

Success requires that you learn the processes and use the tools correctly, e.g. escrow, Time Tracker app, and the messaging system.

Also, looks like many join Upwork in order to become freelancers. That's not how it works. This system doesn't teach you how to freelance, how to do business online, how to find customers, how to deal with them, how to manage expectations, and so on. These are skills that every Upworker needs. And there is much more.

No point hoping an online platform such as this build your business for you. You build it, it's your business.

PS. Upwork never charges 50% of anything.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths