🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Trustworthiness of a specific financial compa...
Page options
022823f0
Community Member

Trustworthiness of a specific financial company (wise.com)

Hello my fellow freelancers, I'd like to know if any of you that work abroad US like me, had any experiences using wise.com to transfer your funds to your local bank.

I am thinking about using it instead of the method I've been using so far, transfering through PayPal, because PayPal doesn't pay me nearly as much as Google says a dollar is worth in BRL, it appears that Wise pays closer to the figure Google shows.

Thanks for the help, it's greatly appreciated.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

I have used Wise.com (previously TransferWise).

I think they are completely trustworthy.

I have heard nothing but good things in the Forum from users who have decided to use TransferWise to save money on payment withdrawal fees. If I undrstand correctly, Upwork users have set up U.S. dollar accounts using TransferWise and have been able to withdraw money with zero fees paid to Upwork for money transfer/money withdrawal.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

I have used Wise.com (previously TransferWise).

I think they are completely trustworthy.

I have heard nothing but good things in the Forum from users who have decided to use TransferWise to save money on payment withdrawal fees. If I undrstand correctly, Upwork users have set up U.S. dollar accounts using TransferWise and have been able to withdraw money with zero fees paid to Upwork for money transfer/money withdrawal.

Thanks Preston! I was just kind of worried since, if anything goes wrong with a transaction and for some reason need to reach for legal action, it would be quite tricky to do it from Brazil since this company is not here yet, it seems they have plans to but not fulfilled yet.

I'll wait a few days if we get some other opinions here, if not, I'll just accept your answer.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members