🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Trying to "read" a company work history and i...
Page options
alexandernovikov
Community Member

Trying to "read" a company work history and it leaves me confused

Won't put any links - will be deleted anyway. So a company has $8M+ earned and 300+ projects. But browsing their work history reveals only 70-80 projects and summing them up, about $1.3-1.5M earned. And there are 0 projects in progress shown. Is this how the system works, like, they won't show all projects done, just some randomly (or not randomly?) picked ones? How does the system decide which to show?

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

Large Enterprise clients are usually divided into many teams.

You see the spend of the client company, but the history of the team, which will be less (obviously)

Nono Petra, i meant the agency profile. Some other agency i just googled up. Not some client's spend. Anyway nevermind, question is resolved: only a fraction, some apparently random subset of projects done before is shown on the agencies' profiles, apparently it is the case for all agencies.

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alexander,

Could you please send me a private message with more information on this so that I can check?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

No need. I realized it's actually random. When i see my own company's profile as a client, i also can see only 25 projects out of 82. Same there - 75 out of 326. It's just that Upwork shows only a subset of previous projects, apparently random, not all of them. No mystery here.

lysis10
Community Member

Alexander, listen to Petra. I've been invited to a lot of enterprise jobs this quarter, and it's the same for all of them. Millions spent but you only see a few jobs. 

I never did an enterprise job, although as i discovered, it's the same for me as well. Probably done to prevent people from "staking" other companies to keep track of every project they do, actually a smart idea. You can see a total number of projects and total amount earned, but detail only a random subset.

Alexander N wrote:

I never did an enterprise job, although as i discovered, it's the same for me as well. Probably done to prevent people from "staking" other companies to keep track of every project they do, actually a smart idea. You can see a total number of projects and total amount earned, but detail only a random subset.

I get invited a lot but a lot of them play on their name to get you to work for cheap. Not all of them, but most of them. And then there was this one invite back in January where I got rejected before I even put in a bid. lmao I was thinking "well, FINE THEN." lol I'm very famous guru you see.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths