🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Turn off auto correct in proposal text box?
Page options
ad2010
Community Member

Turn off auto correct in proposal text box?

Is there a way to turn off the auto suggest/correct when submitting proposals? Neither my browser nor my phone can handle it - it slows everything down, erases words after i have typed them etc.. Makes submitting proposals near impossible. Please let me know of we can turn this feature off and use simple non-dynamic text fields. If not I cant take on new clients, not worth having to deal with those clunky dynamic text boxes - so feel free to revert back to nice easy textboxes that dont spell check etc. altogether.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Joanne Marie P wrote:

There is no auto-correction in the proposal section. 

Yes, there is. (The recently added Grammarly function)

To turn it off, hover your mouse cursor in the bottom right corner where the dot is, and the on/off button appears.

grammarly.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
JoanneP

Hi Andy,

There is no auto-correction in the proposal section. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or use a different browser? If the issue persists, please let us know. 

Thanks for the clarification, Petra. Andy, I'd like to confirm that Petra is correct.

~ Joanne
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Joanne Marie P wrote:

There is no auto-correction in the proposal section. 

Yes, there is. (The recently added Grammarly function)

To turn it off, hover your mouse cursor in the bottom right corner where the dot is, and the on/off button appears.

grammarly.png

ad2010
Community Member

Thank you, Joanne!!!
ad2010
Community Member

Thank you so much, Petra!!!

You could also type your proposal in a separate application, such as Notes or TextEdit or Word... and then you have complete control over the environment... and then you copy the final result to the Upwork text field.

Preston H wrote:

You could also type your proposal in a separate application, such as Notes or TextEdit or Word... and then you have complete control over the environment... and then you copy the final result to the Upwork text field.

How is that easier than turning the auto-correct off with one single click of the mouse?

It is not easier than clicking the button on the Upwork page.

But writing a proposal in an external program can eliminate the problems freelancers face when the form fails and they lose their work.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members