🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Turning off Project Catalog Option to Buy?
Page options
b69a582f
Community Member

Turning off Project Catalog Option to Buy?

Is there a way to turn off the project catalogue options? Twice now I've had someone buy the project, but expect something I am not offering. They are epxecting a full on edit, when the project clearly says it's for an evaluation read only. I'm feeling a bit taken advantage of in that respect because I'm worried about my feedback rating, if I don't do a job I should be getting paid 3 times as much for. THe last one, I had back within a day (it was a 10 day due date) and the person left poor feedback for "deadline". I'm terrified about this one. It's 98 pages of sentences to be duplicated and then corrected...not an editorial read. 

I just want to turn it off, I don't want to offer that anymore. I'd rather work with clients I choose. 

5 REPLIES 5
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Sarah,

Once you're on the Project Catalog home page, at the right side click on the three dots next to the toggle where you can switch the visibility of your project. Once you've clicked on the three dots you will be able to view the delete option in the drop-down menu. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Sarah L wrote:

Is there a way to turn off the project catalogue options? Twice now I've had someone buy the project, but expect something I am not offering. They are epxecting a full on edit, when the project clearly says it's for an evaluation read only. I'm feeling a bit taken advantage of in that respect because I'm worried about my feedback rating, if I don't do a job I should be getting paid 3 times as much for. 

You can just cancel any orders within the first 24 hours with no adverse effect though? And can get the feedback of one a month removed?

b69a582f
Community Member

Ahh thank you. I did not realize that about being able to remove a feedback. I wish I'd thought to do that on the last one. I imagine too late now, but it's good to know! Thank you!! 

b69a582f
Community Member

The contract was canceled by the client. I asked a few questions and they said they canceled and asked for a refund. No big deal. I emailed Upwork to ask to remove the private feedback that might affect my JSS and they asked was I sure I wanted to use my top rated perk. I said no and sent a screenshot of what I'd found you'd said, once project a month the feedback could be removed on.

What if they use the top rated instead? Any way to fix that? I'm saving that for a rainy days! Feeling nervous!

petra_r
Community Member

Sarah L wrote:
What if they use the top rated instead? 

They won't as you didn't say "Yes" when asked to confirm if you want to use your top rated perk.. Wait until they get back to you. Someone may be confused. 

Also, the client may not even have left poor feedback.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members