cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tweet Chat on Wednesday, August 19th.

Matt J Member Since: Apr 20, 2015
1 of 8

Hi everyone,

My name is Matt and I wanted to let you know that Upwork is hosting a #TweetChat next Wednesday from 8am-9am PT. We’re excited to have Danny Margulies, freelance copywriter and champion of freelance success share his expertise and answer questions!

For those of you who aren't familiar, Twitter Chats are an interactive discussion centered around questions and answers on a specific topic. We’re gathering questions from the community and participants will share answers and advice with each other. To join, search for hashtag “#UPworkLive” on Twitter and participate in the conversation. You can also check out 3rd party programs like tweetchat.com to help. 

Don’t worry if you can’t make it right at 8am, you can join anytime! 

Share what questions you would like answered down in comments and they could be asked during the event.

See you all on Tuesday!

-Matt Jensen, @MJensen, @Upwork
Upwork Social Media Manager

Community Guru
Khadezatul K Member Since: May 1, 2015
2 of 8

Hello MAtt,

I would like to also attened this chat session. 

Thank you 

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
3 of 8

I really like his writing, and I'm familiar with him on Elance. What I want to know, though, is that he claimed to make $100k in a year on Elance back in Feb (I think?), and he said he was making $125/hour. Just looking at Elance stats, he seems to have dropped off and that number was for last year around mid-year. He also doesn't seem to be active here. According to his profile, he hasn't been active for a month.

It seems like he's taken his business off of Elance/Upwork, so I'd like to know why and how he transitioned off the platform to making money on his own.

I'd also like to know how he handles payments off platform. One thing I like about these sites is the escrow. 

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
4 of 8

Jen, after the first few gigs, he probably found a d***d good

editor . . . (or writer) . . .

Smiley Wink

I am sure there must be an ebook success story on Amazon.

Danny M Member Since: May 14, 2015
5 of 8

Hi Jennifer -- thanks for the kind words. I Iaunched an online course about 9 months ago, and it's grown so fast that it's been my full time job for the past few months. However I am still very active in helping freelancers (and aspiring freelancers) maximize their potential through Upwork.

Oh and for what it's worth, I actually brought my last client onto Elance, even though I met them through an "off-Elance" referral -- like you I love the escrow system and I see no reason to do business off the platform. 

Community Guru
Wassim T Member Since: May 29, 2015
6 of 8

Great job Danny. Keep it up.

Danny M Member Since: May 14, 2015
7 of 8

Thanks Wassim!

Ace Contributor
Jon M Member Since: Aug 4, 2015
8 of 8

Hi Danny, it's been a long time since we chatted.

Glad to see you creating your own products.

So much has changed now.

Best

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS